The Hartford Senior Consultant Operational Initiatives in HARTFORD, Connecticut
Title: Senior Consultant Operational Initiatives
Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Number: 1703288
The Hartford is looking for experienced and results driven Black Belt/Master Black Belt to join our team. Based in Hartford, CT, this highly visible role will be a key contributor to the overall transformation of The Hartford to a top quartile company driven by the CEO and his leadership team. The Hartford is aggressively executing on a multiyear plan to drive a process excellence and continuous improvement culture across its 20,000 employee base.
As a Black Belt at The Hartford, you will be participating on a highly collaborative and high performance team. You will be leading cross-functional teams to identify process improvement opportunities and embed process oriented capabilities throughout all of our business units. The Hartford is looking for top Lean Six Sigma talent to work with this high performing team that is recognized as a source of key talent across the company.
The work will include identifying and prioritizing our key business processes and leveraging a consistent arsenal of continuous improvement tools and capabilities. This will help enable successful execution of our business strategies, drive sustainable results and instill a strong continuous improvement and innovation culture over the long-term.
• Provide leadership and direction to cross-functional team empowered to execute a robust Process Excellence program for the entire company.
• Deliver breakthrough levels of improvement in process management capabilities and business process redesign to reduce defects and attain top quartile levels of quality and efficiency.
• Facilitate, train, and coach team members in the use of Lean Six Sigma tools and methodology
• Work with senior leaders and teams to uncover and assess improvement opportunities for their business units.
• Serve as a change agent in institutionalizing a process excellence culture that changes our employee’s mindsets and behaviors.
• Continuously seek, share, and implement best practices.
A minimum of 3 years program, project management and process improvement experience in a large, complex, enterprise environment.
• Demonstrated commitment for process improvement.
• Customer focused in defining priorities and objectives.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; statistically literate and familiar with Lean Six Sigma
quality concepts and tools
• Ability to understand and resolve complex business problems.
• Ability to combine aggressive initiative with professional discipline and demeanor to
accomplish difficult tasks in a matrixed environment
• Strong leadership skills and can think at both a strategic level while connecting to the
• Demonstrated ability to motivate others and achieve results
What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward our workforce?
Data Analysis- Input, understand, analyze and act on data
Business Owner Mindset- Operate with keen business knowledge, expense, risk & controls driven mindset
Communication- Influence through a consultative approach
Customer Driven- Focus on “Harvest” – (our enterprise continuous improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient local decision making for continuous improvement
Growth & Development- Maximize development of self and others
What Else Can You Tell Me?
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certifications
Behaviors at the Hartford
Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE *
Job: Six Sigma
Primary LocationUnited States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job LevelIndividual Contributor
Education LevelBachelor's Degree (±16 years)
TravelYes, 10 % of the Time
PostingDec 20, 2017, 4:49:19 PM
Remote Worker OptionNo
The Hartford is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law. The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversity.