The Hartford Genesys Engineer/Tech Lead in HARTFORD, Connecticut
Title: Genesys Engineer/Tech Lead
Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Number: 1800934
The Hartford's Contact Center Technology team is seeking a detail-oriented, results-driven Senior Developer to support the building of new applications and maintaining the existing applications on the Genesys Pure Engage Cloud Platform. This role will be responsible for analyzing, planning, designing and developing quality based Contact Center solutions. This role provides exposure to emerging IVR and Omni-Channel technology and a great opportunity to work on highly visible projects across all areas of The Hartford. Successful candidates will demonstrate strong leadership skills and have experience in delivering quality technical solutions as well as setting and executing on a strategic technical vision.
In addition, candidates must have a willingness to understand existing processes and systems, and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. They should be able to make decisions quickly in consultation with team members and subject matter experts and be able to build relationships, actively participate in team work, and understand the dynamics and critical nature of the business.
Responsibilities of the position include:
• Provide technical leadership by enforcing the vision of the application architecture and safeguard the integrity of the application environment, in alliance with architects and other tech leads
• Understand and implement the overall technical vision for projects, programs, or systems, keeping in mind cross-functional impacts, integration across the organization and architecture rationalization
• Work closely with business customer and business analyst in documenting application requirements.
• Function as subject matter expert and advocate for the software applications supported, requiring depth and breadth in their knowledge of the business processes, technologies, applications, integration and interfaces
• Oversee technical deliverables for invest and maintenance projects through the software development life cycle, including validating the completeness of estimates, quality and accuracy of technical designs, build and implementation
Proactively address technical issues and risks that could impact project schedule and/or budget
• Work closely with stakeholders to design and document the contact center solutions that align with the business needs and also consistent with the architectural vision
• Mentor and train project team members (including Sourcing Partners) to enforce development guidelines and best practices
• Lead change by influencing and educating Business, IT and Sourcing partners
Facilitate continuity between Sourcing Partners, other IT Groups and Enterprise Architecture
• Identify opportunities to reduce total cost of ownership in the operational application support areas
• Work across the organization to provide business process or design recommendations consistent with long term business and IT strategy
• Work closely with the architecture team to ensure that the technical solution designs and implementation are consistent with the architectural vision
Support and consult on disaster recovery and reverse demand planning and testing
• Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• High level of independence but is also a team player
Extensive experience in contact center operations, contact center technologies and contact center strategies.
Understanding of business processes and (digital) transformation and how they relate to customer experience technology
At least six, typically eight or more years experience in IT systems analysis and application program development, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Experience with Genesys framework and/or Genesys Pure Engage Cloud solutions will be considered favorably
Experience with Oracle and SQL. Proficient in writing and executing Microsoft SQL Queries
Understanding of Web technology and application servers (HTML, Tomcat, Jetty and others)
Extensive analytical skills are required in order to troubleshoot complex integration issues
VoIP and SIP Telephony experience will be considered favorably
Experience with Workforce Optimization toolsets (Verint I360 and NICE WFM) will be considered favorably
Proven ability to quickly learn complex systems and capabilities and then use those capabilities to deliver production ready solutions is critical to this role.
Ability to shape and lead development of technical specifications
Project management experience a plus
The candidate should have formal education in software engineering and/or telecommunications at a bachelor level or equivalent based on job experience
Candidates who have completed the "Genesys Certification" will be considered favorably.
Other certifications such as Cisco Networking or Database Skills also considered favorably.
Requires an extensive knowledge of the system development life cycle, the client area's functions and systems, and application program development alternatives.
Requires excellent communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment and management skills, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.
What Else Can You Tell Me?
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certifications
Behaviors at the Hartford
Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE *
Job: Application Development
Primary LocationUnited States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job LevelIndividual Contributor
Education LevelHigh School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
TravelYes, 10 % of the Time
PostingMar 27, 2018, 3:45:52 PM
Remote Worker OptionYes
The Hartford is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law. The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversity.