The Hartford Java Developer in CHARLOTTE, North Carolina
Title: Java Developer
Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Other Locations: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Job Number: 1800387
The Hartford Financial Services – Java Developer
Ready to grow your career leveraging the latest digital technologies?
Join a fast-paced and talented agile engineering team to build the next generation of The Hartford’s quoting and servicing platforms. We use the latest open source web technologies, software engineering practices and delivery methodologies and are passionate about technology and building well architected and innovative solutions for the business.
This cutting edge and forward focused team presents the opportunity for autonomy and visibility as we focus on continuous integration and test driven development.
What’s in it for you?
Design systems and components on Weblogic , JBoss, and Oracle platforms
Collaboration with a high-performing, forward-focused team and stakeholders
Opportunity to learn and leverage the latest web technologies and software engineering tools/practices
Agile software development
Utilize the latest in DevOps technology
Frequent mentoring and feedback
HTML, Java, JSP JSF, and Primefaces
Weblogic , JBoss, and Oracle platforms
· Java 8, SpringBoot, RESTful APIs, Swagger
· Jenkins, Nexus, Git, Maven, Webpack, Containers
· Junit, Mockito, Selenium, Jasmine, Karma
What is The Hartford looking for?
Computer Science undergraduate with co-op, internship or early career experience
Basic programming experience outside of the classroom
Demonstrated evidence of technical/analytical and logic-based problem solving skills
Self-motivation and the ability to work independently or with a team
Strong written and verbal communication skills in varying settings
What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward our workforce?
· Data Analysis- Input, understand, analyze and act on data
· Business Owner Mindset- Operate with keen business knowledge, expense, risk & controls
· Communication- Influence through a consultative approach
· Customer Driven- Focus on “Harvest” – (our enterprise continuous improvement
effort),innovative problem solving, and efficient local decision making for continuous
· Growth & Development- Maximize development of self and others
What Else Can You Tell Me?
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certifications
Behaviors at the Hartford
· Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our
shareholders and customers.
· Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
· Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
· Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE *
Job: Application Development
Primary LocationUnited States-Connecticut-Hartford
Other LocationsUnited States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Job LevelIndividual Contributor
Education LevelAssociate's Degree (±13 years)
PostingMar 6, 2018, 10:18:45 AM
Remote Worker OptionNo
The Hartford is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law. The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversity.