The Hartford SIU Investigator - IL/WI in Wisconsin
Title: SIU Investigator - IL/WI
Location: United States-Illinois
Other Locations: United States-Wisconsin
Job Number: 1700601
- This SIU Investigator will reside in the field and will be responsible for assignments in Illinois and Wisconsin.
- The investigator is expected to have face to face interaction with parties to a loss, including insured's, claimants, witnesses, experts and other professionals on a routine basis. Excellent interpersonal, communication and interview skills are required.
- Investigative assignments may include claims with identified suspicious loss indictors, definable inconsistencies, or those which otherwise require a high level investigative skill and/or local in person presence.
- Effective time management skills, proactive execution of investigative plans, and flexibility are necessary to ensure the effectiveness of this position.
- The investigator must understand and exhibit appropriate investigative behaviors and methods while handling all aspects of a claim under investigation; including development of the facts, due diligence around evidence collection and interviews.
- The Investigator must be able to clearly and effectively communicate investigative findings in writing and in discussions with Claim and SIU personnel.
- The Investigator will also be responsible for understanding fraud trends within his or her area of responsibility and leverage knowledge gained to SIU analytical resources.
- Independently complete investigations in accordance to The Hartford’s core performance values and best practices with minimal direction.
- Prepare and submit investigative reports detailing and documenting all phases of an investigation to assist in the resolution of the claim.
- Recognize intelligence opportunities through active investigations and share this information within SIU.
- Interface with SIU Community and Law Enforcement.
- Participate in industry meetings and is able to effectively share and gather significant information. The Investigator must be able to liaison with industry peers and where necessary, interface appropriately with law enforcement per prescribed jurisdictional requirements.
- Effectively communicate with claim handlers to understand the facts and circumstances associated with the loss, policy considerations, and other pertinent issues to design effective investigative plans; obtain the critical facts and evidence and ensure that all communications are timely. The Investigator should identify opportunities to schedule roundtable meetings to discuss evidence development and solicit feedback.
- Maintain a clear understanding of investigative techniques and the laws pertaining to insurance claims and mandated fraud reporting as well as a general knowledge of legal principles, civil and criminal, pertinent to the investigation of claim activity.
- Continually enhance investigative skills and understanding of emerging issues impacting property and casualty and group benefit claims.
- Provide support to claims partners and other departments within the Company, which may include identifying training needs; participation in developing and presenting training and mentoring of external business partners and internal staff.
- Minimum 4 year college degree preferred
- 3 years insurance claims or law enforcement experience
- Strong interviewing and communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Consistent high level of performance and achievement over career span
- Solid understanding of SIU or relevant claim processes, practices, and applicable laws and regulations
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills; ability to make deductions; logical and sequential thinker
- Excellent written and verbal communication and diplomacy skills, inspiring confidence among main customers
Behaviors at the Hartford:
- Inspires Excellence
- Delivers Results
- Trusted Decision Maker
- Enterprise Team Player
- Forward Thinker
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
The SIU Investigator is a remote (work from home) position that should reside in the general vicinity of northern Illinois or southern Wisconsin. A company car, cell phone and wireless laptop are provided. Travel: 70%br> br>
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expressionbr> br>
Job: P&C Claim Invest Unit