The Hartford Sr. QA Analyst in WINDSOR, Connecticut
Title: Sr. QA Analyst
Location: United States-Connecticut-Windsor
Job Number: 1700936
WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS POSITION?At The Hartford, everything we create is of the utmost quality. As a Quality Assurance professional here, you will have a passion for delivering exceptional customer experiences. As an integral part of our Quality Assurance team, you will provide leadership, validation, engineering, and testing for our Commercial applications. These applications are at the heart of our Customer experience and represent our iconic company.Your responsibilities will include:+ Supporting Software Development Life Cycle processes+ Work with multiple development teamsto improve best practices in quality assurance and testing+ Manage quality assurance delivery and working on a large Commercial IT project+ Provide oversight on complex projects providing insight to quality and cost+ Work with multiple vendors, IT leaders, and business teams to align business priorities and IT strategies+ Ensure technical quality through detailed testing and feedback to relevant team members+ Ensure Code Quality through Dashboard Reports+ Drive RCA’s/Lessons Learned for Defect Fallout+ Assist in development and implementation of comprehensive QA test plans and cases+ Overseeing the building, automating, and executing tests against new development and maintenance code releases+ Manage defects and issues for multiple business applications and simultaneous development cycles+ Drive use of traditional and non-traditional automation tools+ Lead the quality assurance teams across all project deliverables and resources including vendors.+ Thought leadership, best practice implementation and recommendations on mobile testingQualifications:
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- Extensive experience with the Small Commercial Business area
- BS in Computer Science or technical degree and 4 years of experience
- Have a Passion for technology+ Have advanced knowledge of Software Testing and Quality Assurance+ Have experience with the Business aspects for testing Small Commercial+ Strong technical background and analytical skills+ Bring, solicit, and recommend creative ideas and have a good eye for detail+ Excellent communicate skills and interact effectively at all levels+ Partner with technology teammates to design intelligent testing strategies+ Stay current with and are a thought leader in the testing industry+ Collaborate with local & off shore development & testing teams+ Solve complex problems and have a strong empathy for our users and customers+ Conceptualize testing requirements based on both external and internal inputs+ XML-related technologies (SOAP, Web Services, and many other complex interoperability standards)+ Take a proactive, problem-solving/trouble-shooting approach to identifying and solving problems; not stopping at identifying the problem, but experiment using available information to try to narrow the possibilities and determine a suggested solution.+ Experience with test automation methodologies+ Technologies (XSLT, XPath, SAX, DOM, WSDL, Schema, Linux OS, PDF rendering, and digital signature)What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward our workforce?+ Data Analysis-Input, understand, analyze and act on data
- Business Owner Mindset-Operate with keen business knowledge, expense, risk & controls driven mindset
- Communication-Influence through a consultative approach
- Customer Driven-Focus on “Harvest” – (our enterprise continuous improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient local decision making for continuous improvement
- Growth & Development-Maximize development of self and othersWhat Else Can You Tell Me?The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certificationsBehaviors at the Hartford+ Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **Job: IT Quality Assurance