The Hartford Quality Engineer in WINDSOR, Connecticut
Title: Quality Engineer
Location: United States-Connecticut-Windsor
Job Number: 1701130
WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS POSITION?
At The Hartford, everything we create is of the utmost quality. As aQuality Assurance professional here, you will have a passion for deliveringexceptional end-user experiences. As an integral part of our Automation CoEteam, you will provide automation services to the Enterprise Quality Assuranceteam and it’s customers.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Assist with creation and updates to Automation plans (projectand execution plans)
- Manage Automation related deliverables (scripts, reports,presentations, tools) by working with multiple IT teams and theirrepresentatives
- Work with multiple vendors, IT leaders, and business teams toalign automation priorities with IT strategies
- Champion the usage and adoption of automated testing andrelated tools (in-house and new external tools) across theorganization
- Ensure technical quality through regular auditing/review ofautomation scripts
- Develop code that conforms to The Hartford coding standards andindustry best practices. Or help define/adopt design and development standardsand best practices for any new technologies and/or frameworks used for theinvest initiatives
- Conduct code reviews, defect resolution, and implementationappropriate monitoring
- Presenting automation related updates to team members and ITleaders
- Thought leadership, best practice implementation,and future recommendations on automation
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- BS in Computer Science or technical degree and 4 years ofexperience
- Have advanced knowledge of Software Testing and QualityAssurance
- Have experience with web and mobile platforms and testingapplications running on various iOS platforms and devices
- Be passionate and enthusiastic
- Bring, solicit, and recommend creative ideas and have a goodeye for detail
- Self-motivated and committed
- Excellent communicate skills and interact effectively at alllevels
- Stay current with and are a thought leader in the testingindustry
- Collaborate with local and offshore development and testingteams
- Solve complex problems and a willingness to work above andbeyond the call of duty
- Deep familiarity with automation technology (UFT, Selenium,QC/ALM), frameworks, and latest industry trends
- Candidates must have excellent technical skills andcompetency in multiple technical solutions (including: web development skills,Java/.Net expertise, and familiarity with relational databasedevelopment).
- Ability to create and modify tools to solve complex customerneeds and demands
- Ability to take a proactive, problem-solving/trouble-shootingapproach to identifying and solving problems
What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward ourworkforce?
- Data Analysis- Input, understand, analyze and act on data
- Business Owner Mindset- Operate with keen business knowledge, expense, risk &controls driven mindset
- Communication- Influence through a consultative approach
- Customer Driven- Focus on “Harvest” – (ourenterprise continuous improvement effort), innovative problem solving, andefficient local decision making for continuous improvement
- Growth & Development- Maximize development of self andothers
What Else Can YouTell Me?
The Hartford iscommitted to the education and growth of our Information TechnologyProfessionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance yourcareer and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for astipend up to $1000 per year for additional certifications
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and executionthat serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutionsfor the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and buildtrust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others toachieve high standards and continuously improve.Equal OpportunityEmployer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/GenderIdentity or Expression** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
Job: IT Quality Assurance