The Hartford Quality Engineer in WINDSOR, Connecticut
Title: Quality Engineer
Location: United States-Connecticut-Windsor
Job Number: 1701130
Assist with creation and updates to Automation plans (project and execution plans)
Manage Automation related deliverables (scripts, reports, presentations, tools) by working with multiple IT teams and their representatives
Work with multiple vendors, IT leaders, and business teams to align automation priorities with IT strategies
Champion the usage and adoption of automated testing and related tools (in-house and new external tools) across the organization
Ensure technical quality through regular auditing/review of automation scripts
- Develop code that conforms to The Hartford coding standards and industry best practices. Or help define/adopt design and development standards and best practices for any new technologies and/or frameworks used for the invest initiatives
- Conduct code reviews, defect resolution, and implementation appropriate monitoring
Presenting automation related updates to team members and IT leaders
Thought leadership, best practice implementation, and future recommendations on automation
- BS in Computer Science or technical degree and 4 years of experience
- Have advanced knowledge of Software Testing and Quality Assurance
- Have experience with web and mobile platforms and testing applications running on various iOS platforms and devices
- Be passionate and enthusiastic
- Bring, solicit, and recommend creative ideas and have a good eye for detail
- Self-motivated and committed
- Excellent communicate skills and interact effectively at all levels
- Stay current with and are a thought leader in the testing industry
- Collaborate with local and offshore development and testing teams
- Solve complex problems and a willingness to work above and beyond the call of duty
- Deep familiarity with automation technology (UFT, Selenium, QC/ALM), frameworks, and latest industry trends
- Candidates must have excellent technical skills and competency in multiple technical solutions (including: web development skills, Java/.Net expertise, and familiarity with relational database development).
- Ability to create and modify tools to solve complex customer needs and demands
- Ability to take a proactive, problem-solving/trouble-shooting approach to identifying and solving problems
Data Analysis- Input, understand, analyze and act on data
Business Owner Mindset- Operate with keen business knowledge, expense, risk & controls driven mindset
Communication- Influence through a consultative approach
Customer Driven- Focus on “Harvest” – (our enterprise continuous improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient local decision making for continuous improvement
Growth & Development- Maximize development of self and others
What Else Can You Tell Me?
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certifications
Behaviors at the Hartford
Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
Job: IT Quality Assurance