The Hartford Manager of Quality Assurance in WINDSOR, Connecticut
Title: Manager of Quality Assurance
Location: United States-Connecticut-Windsor
Job Number: 1700277
WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS POSITION?br> br>
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Enterprise Quality Assurance, the Manager of Quality Assurance will manage within a Quality Assurance organization focused on technologically advancing QA, functional test planning, estimating, and execution of the testing lifecycle (e.g., functional, regression, etc.). This organization partners across The Hartford’s Line of Business Groups and CTO organization to ensure quality assurance and proper testing throughout the Software Development Lifecycle. The role will have responsibility to oversee implementation of “Shift Left” levers improving the quality of code delivered to QA; manage vendor staff ensuring the successful deployment of resources, processes, tools, test execution, and environments to support maintenance applications as well as development programs and projects. The Manager will partner with QA directors and program leads for specific initiatives and more broadly with CIO’s and portfolio owners, providing visibility into the execution quality. This role provides thought leadership that will direct and mature mature our Quality Assurance Management, Code Quality, Digital, DevOps, Agile, Optimization, and Automation practices.br> br>
The Manager of Quality Assurance will be accountable for the following:br> br>
Leadership within a shared services organization, focused on the functional testing planning, estimating, and execution of the testing lifecycle (e.g., functional, regression, etc.) for all maintenance releases and all invest program and project work across the multiple organizations. Provides oversight to ensure Code Quality, Developer Unit and Integration testing tools, standards, and best practices are adhered to.br> br>
Management of large scale vendor contracts and vendor relationships. Management of the software life cycle development and integration management of multiple vendor partners developing requirements and delivering code into QA/Testing cycles requiring negotiation and influence.br> br>
Has supervisory responsibility in instructing, assigning, directing and checking the work of the contracted vendor staff within their Lines of Business. Provides guidance, leadership, assistance in performance evaluations and development training to the QA staff (both HIG and multi-vendor).br> br>
Will serve in a leadership role to drive Code Quality, Developer Unit and Integration testing tools, standards, and best practices across The Hartford.br> br>
Assists in the development of overall QA plans and timetables on strategic projects. Leads the QA staff in new QA methodologies and strategies.br> br>
Supervises the staff in the analysis, design and implementation of new or modified QA procedures and standards and in the development of QA metrics for assessing the quality of newly developed application software.br> br>
Analyzes root cause metrics for process improvements at the Line of Business and application level for their respective area of purview.br> br>
Facilitate regular process quality assessments for assigned programs and projects, including artifact reviews, interviews with project team members, and active project participation through status meetings. Report findings and prepare remediation plans.br> br>
Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends.br> br>
Coordination and management of the resource management, financial budget management and issue and risk management across the enterprise delivery releases. Reporting and metrics development across all QA deliverables and process implementations. Stakeholder management across the CIO and CTO teams for process improvement and deliverables.br> br>
Planning and managing annual and operational budget items / processes with a strong focus on optimization.br> br>
Proactively provide thought leadership to program leads such that decisions result in the best outcomes for the program.br> br>
Specific responsibilities will include:br> br>
Managing vendor teams of 25 to 50 staff.br> br>
Lead the Code Quality initiative on behalf of the Enterprise Quality organization, ensuring Developer Code Quality, Unit and Integration testing tools, standards, and best practices across The Hartford are implemented, matured, and adhered to.br> br>
Analyzing benchmark data and developing improvement recommendations.br> br>
Defining, designing, deploying and continuously improving process changes.br> br>
Developing and managing senior vendor relationships.br> br>
Managing Managed Test Center (MTC) for Maintenance QA Services (i.e. Managed Services Model) and Integrated Test Center (ITC) for Invest Projects.br> br>
Planning, Optimization and executing testing lifecycles and managing the dependencies with system development lifecycles.br> br>
Measuring and reporting key process activities and test results.br> br>
Working with senior executives, when applicable, to plan and manage work activities.br> br>
Working with QA Directors, Finance Controllers, Human Resources, and Business leadership.br> br>
Promote and influence leadership and QA implementation in Code Quality, Digital, Agile, Automation and DevOps.br> br>
Responsible for developing the overall Quality Assurance / Quality Control approach, securing key resources across a matrix environment, driving the data collect, analysis and deliverable construction, and soliciting buy-in on from senior leadership.br> br>
Collaborating with business architects, technical leads, project delivery managers, CIO's, CTO, architects and program / project managers to define delivery improvement opportunities.br> br>
Measuring process adherence.br> br>
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- Undergraduate degree required.
Quality Assurance/ Quality Control functional testing experience is attractive including experience in functional testing process, testing lifecycle, and knowledge of the software process, experience advocating software development processes, methods and tools to improve quality and productivity.br> br>
- Prior working experience in Quality Assurance Automation, Code Quality, Digital testing, Agile or DevOps delivery model is a plus.
- Technical or Developer background in software development, unit, and integration testing is a plus.
- Strong systems development and project lifecycle execution skills are required including process design, project planning and execution, production support testing skills and the ability to manage large scale change programs.
Demonstrated ability to manage shared services organizations with significant change programs.br> br>
- Experience with working in multi-sourced, offshore delivery centers, and shared services environment.
- Ability to manage vendor contracts and senior level vendor relationships.
- Process focused and able to apply process maturity principles and practices in a dynamic environment.
- Exceptional influencing, negotiating, and decision-making skills as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with testing automation tools, e.g., HP Quality Center, and process improvement frameworks, e.g., Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMi) are a plus. Familiarity and experience with industry standard Systems Development Lifecycles (SDLC's) is also important.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead internal staff as well as a contractor organization.
- Ability to forge and manage relationships across a large stakeholder group.
What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward our workforce?br> br>
- Data Analysis- Input, understand, analyze and act on data
- Business Owner Mindset- Operate with keen business knowledge, expense, risk & controls driven mindset
- Communication- Influence through a consultative approach
- Customer Driven- Focus on “Harvest” – (our enterprise continuous improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient local decision making for continuous improvement
- Growth & Development- Maximize development of self and others
What Else Can You Tell Me?br> br>
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certificationsbr> br>
Behaviors at the Hartfordbr> br>
- Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expressionbr> br>
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE *br> br>
Job: IT Quality Assurance