The Hartford Data Quality Manager in WINDSOR, Connecticut
Title: Data Quality Manager
Location: United States-Connecticut-Windsor
Job Number: 1700234
- Design and build an end-to-end data quality practice by implementing controls from data generation through business use
- Create well organized process flows to drive clear accountability within process ownership model with supporting metrics
- Create, Manage and Maintain a series of API contracts to facilitate data consistency standards throughout data lifecycle
- Partner with functional teams across various disciplines and technologies (eg: front end applications, mainframe copybook structures, data warehousing, data analytics, actuarial and reporting functions)
- Act as a process owner for all data transformations and ensure end user business functional requirements are captured and sustained through all processes.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Data Science or a related discipline and at least eight, typically ten or more years of diverse experience in multiple areas of technology of which at least four years in a leadership position, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.br> br>
At least 5 years of experience managing complex business or technology processes and/or projects from conception to successful implementation. Requires solid project management, process and technical skills, ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a cross-functional environment.br> br>
Experience in design and implementation of a quality control systembr> br>
Requires excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and team building skills, business judgment, and proven expertise in directing and influencing teams.br> br>
Experience managing technical interfaces at a data levelbr> br>
Expertise working with data management, business intelligence and analytics toolsbr> br>
Experience managing requirements through a delivery lifecyclebr> br>
Ability to effectively analyze and make process recommendations on Insurance Administration systems from data entry through usage including Rating, underwriting and actuarial analysisbr> br>
Create open environment conducive to freely sharing information and ideasbr> br>
Hands-on and results-oriented approachbr> br>
Effective conflict resolution skillsbr> br>
Effective presentation, organizational and planning skillsbr> br>
Insurance or Financial services experience preferredbr> br>
What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward our workforce?
· Data Analysis- Input, understand, analyze and act on data
· Business Owner Mindset- Operate with keen business knowledge,
· expense, risk & controls driven mindset
· Communication- Influence through a consultative approach
· Customer Driven- Focus on “Harvest” – (our enterprise continuous
improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient local
decision making for continuous improvement
· Growth & Development- Maximize development of self and others
What Else Can You Tell Me?
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certifications
Behaviors at the Hartford
· Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that
serves our shareholders and customers.
· Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good
of The Hartford.
· Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with
· Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high
standards and continuously improve.
WILL TRAVEL BETWEEN WINDSOR, CT AND HARTFORD, CT OFFICE FREQUENTLY
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE *
Job: IT Project Management