The Hartford Customer Care Specialist - Insurance Claims Center in WINDSOR, Connecticut
Title: Customer Care Specialist - Insurance Claims Center
Location: United States-Connecticut-Windsor
Job Number: 1701086
The Customer Care Specialist provides service to policyholders and claimants in response to notice of auto physical damage, workers’ compensation and property losses. The majority of the time will be spent in taking new losses, resolving/answering routine problems, responding to routine information requests, and processing minor claims.
Responsibilities for this important role include:
- Process in-coming, new loss calls by properly obtaining appropriate claim information.
- Provide initial service to customers by explaining the claim process, initiating the damage appraisal and rental car if appropriate.
- Process claims according to Claim Best Practices as assigned.
- Resolve/answer routine problems and questions and refer others to unit leader or appropriate unit.
- Properly document all claim activity to support the outcome of the claim file.
- Simultaneously use multiple computer applications to enter required claim information.
- Comply with all internal and external reporting requirements.
Start Date: July 24, 2017
Location: Windsor, CT
Schedule: Monday - Friday from 9:30am - 6:00pm Eastern
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for professionals who are ready to jump start their career! The ideal Customer Care Specialist will possess the majority of the following skills and attributes:
Job Qualifications are:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree in any major strongly preferred
- Minimum two years previous customer service. (retail, restaurant etc.)
- Claim insurance experience helpful but not required.
- Strong oral communication skills and excellent phone manner.
- Strong computer and keyboard skills.
- Active listening skills
- Experience working in a Windows-based computer environment.
- Superior multi-tasking (accurate keyboarding while talking on a headset
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
The Hartford's Claim Service Center is a fast-paced organization that will offer you the opportunity to join a team of dedicated claim professionals. We value providing superior customer service, exceptional quality, disciplined expense management and a best-in-class work environment.
We offer our employees the opportunity to grow and develop their careers as we promote continuous learning and encourage the movement of talent across lines of business and throughout various departments. This helps us foster an environment that celebrates differences in backgrounds and perspectives to keep us closely aligned with our customers' needs.
Pre-Employment Assessment: Once you’ve applied, a pre-employment assessment will be sent to you via email, assuming you haven’t previously taken one in the past 6 months. Be sure to check your e-mail regularly for any status updates. To avoid emails from The Hartford being directed into spam, add Careers@TheHartford.com to your contacts.
Training Requirements: As a condition of employment, you will be required to successfully complete a multi-week New Hire Training Course and, upon completion, obtain a passing score on the final course assessment. Continued employment with The Hartford is contingent upon you successfully passing the exam(s) within 30 business days from the completion of the New Hire Training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Job: P&C Claim Contact Center