The Hartford Consultant Bus Data Analysis in WINDSOR, Connecticut
Title: Consultant Bus Data Analysis
Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Other Locations: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte, United States-Connecticut-Windsor
Job Number: 1701454
The Hartford’s Data Asset Management organization is seeking talent with at least 2-3 years’ experience to build careers in Data at locations that include Hartford, Connecticut & Charlotte, North Carolina. In this role, teammates will grow in the Business Data Analysis track, providing analysis, reporting and research support for The Hartford critical data assets. Consultants will participate in the entire software development lifecycle process in support of information data projects and grow with emerging technologies and processes.
You must be a team player with a positive ‘can do’ attitude and possess the following qualities:
- Interest in data analytics, technology, and problem solving
- Excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organization skills required
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment and learn new skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to network and influence across the organization
- Effective self-starter with a can-do attitude who takes ownership and accountability for project deliverables with a demonstrated ability to multitask
- Applies functional knowledge and techniques necessary to draw out data and analytics business requirements completely and accurately from stakeholders. Performs requirements planning, monitoring and requirements management.
- Independently performs data analysis, data discovery and data profiling using industry standard querying tools to support business requirements development that are complete, clear, unambiguous, well written and appropriate to audience.
- Maintains Data mapping documents, Bus Matrix and other Data Design artifacts that define business data requirements and transformation rules.
- Act as liaison and advisor/consultant between the business and IT stakeholders
- Performs and aid functional testing
- Structure and drive working and informational sessions that promote collaboration, synergy, and achieve desired outcomes.
- Understands the scope of the project and helps resolve scope questions and issues related to own work
- Handles moderate level root cause analysis of business data issues and provides technical data guidance on issues
- Helps resolve scope questions and issues
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve
- Bachelor degree with at least 2-3 years of applicable work experience
- A desired cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (out of 4.0 scale or equivalent) at the time of graduation
- Desired majors include, but are not limited to: Computer Science, Engineering, IT, Management Information Systems, Data Analytics, Applied Mathematics, and Business.
- Desire candidates with prior Data Analysis and/or Data Engineer competencies
- Understanding of current and emerging IT products, services, processes and methodologies
- Prefer working knowledge of ETL process and experience with SQL
Job: GA-Business Data Analysis