The Hartford Analyst IT Business Analysis in WINDSOR, Connecticut
Title: Analyst IT Business Analysis
Location: United States-Connecticut-Windsor
Job Number: 1700768
Elicit requirements using interviews, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpointsbr> br>
Organize and synthesize information provided by stakeholders to design, enable and implement a solution that meets those needs and identify opportunities for improvementbr> br>
Translate high-level business and user requirements into detailed functional requirements; work individually or with project team to document the project’s vision, scope and objectivesbr> br>
Write requirements specifications according to standard templates, using business and/or technical language that is simple, clear, unambiguous and concisebr> br>
Define quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirementsbr> br>
Represent requirements using alternative views, such as analysis models (diagrams), prototypes, or scenarios, where appropriatebr> br>
Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standardsbr> br>
Participate in requirements prioritizationbr> br>
Identify requirements errors and defects and write requirements defect identification and notification reportsbr> br>
Manage changes to base-lined requirements through effective application of change control processes and toolsbr> br>
Acts as liaison between the business and ITbr> br>
Communicate proactively and regularly with cross-functional Team; build strong partnerships with business and IT communitybr> br>
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least 5-7 years of solid, diverse work experience in IT, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Highly organized with strong documentation skills, ability to translate non-technical/ business concepts to technical requirements and design
- Experienced Analyst; extensive knowledge of the business area’s functions and knowledge of system and technology alternatives
- Expert facilitator; able to conduct interviews with cross functional business teams to gather business requirements
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills - ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff, ability to build strong cross-functional partnerships
- Fluent with vendor management
- Creatively develops fact base where data is hard to access (e.g. unreliable or unavailable quantitative information)
- Effectively handles complex topics
- Selects the appropriate tools and techniques based on assessment of the project and assignment objectives
- Capable of constructing examples to aid in development of team understanding
- Experience planning/managing/leading tasks and development of deliverables, from inception to finalization.
- Understanding and application of choices and big picture perspective
What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward our workforce?
Data Analysis- Input, understand, analyze and act on data
Business Owner Mindset- Operate with keen business knowledge,
expense, risk & controls driven mindset
Communication- Influence through a consultative approach
Customer Driven- Focus on “Harvest” – (our enterprise continuous
improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient logical decision
making for continuous improvement
Growth & Development- Maximize development of self and others
What Else Can You Tell Me?
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certifications
Behaviors at the Hartford
· Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that
serves our shareholders and customers.
· Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the
good of The Hartford.
· Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with
· Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high
standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE *
Job: IT Business Analysis