The Hartford Product Management Consultant, Investment Consultant Group in WAYNE, Pennsylvania
Title: Product Management Consultant, Investment Consultant Group
Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Wayne
Job Number: 1701137
In this highly visible and dynamic role, the Product Management Consultant represents our investment process and solutions to the institutional and retail marketplace. This strategic role relies on excellent communication and presentation skills demonstrated through client meetings, investment review presentations for clients, consultants, other intermediaries and fellow associates. The Product Management Analyst is someone who has strong investment acumen and can speak persuasively about Hartford Funds and Wellington Management.
• Acts as an Investment Professional in a team environment for clients, consultants, other intermediaries and fellow associates.
• Conducts client conference calls to review mandates, asset allocation, results analysis and mutual fund education.
• Develops and maintains competence on a broad range of Hartford Funds products.
• Acts as an investment resource to associates by conducting investment update calls, deep dives and responding to one-off inquiries.
• Partners with investment writers and publishing groups on client materials.
• Partners with marketing and communications on sales and education efforts.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in articulating Hartford Funds investment process to diverse audiences.
• Knowledge of investing, markets and understanding industries and companies.
• Ability to influence senior business leaders on strategic business matters.
• Conducts product training on Hartford Funds products
• Prepare and generate reports to accentuate benefits of individual funds from a replacement or complimentary basis.
• Must be able to present information in a persuasive, professional and competent manner
• Must possess excellent communication and relationship building skills with a diverse group of associates, senior business leaders and individuals outside of the organization.
• Excellent team player with strong collaboration skills.
• Demonstrated ability to acquire and apply additional knowledge and skills over time.
• Incremental experience with asset allocation, portfolio construction, derivatives and/or in a strategist role
• 2 to 5 years investment analyst work experience required
• Demonstrated desire to help close business
• Intellectually curious and attentive to detail
• Desire to pursue a financial designation
• Bachelor’s Degree required
All Hartford Fund Employees are expected to “act like an owner” and behave in a way that exemplifies our core values, which includes:
• Do what needs to be done in order to make the client experience and Hartford Funds better
• Act with integrity at all times – never put your reputation or the franchise’s reputation at risk
• Demonstrate financial discipline – focus on return on investments
• Enjoy what you are doing and who you do it with – Have fun!
• Continuously drive to deliver results, take accountability and ownership of work and strive for continuous improvement
• Never be satisfied with status-quo
WHY JOIN HARTFORD FUNDS?
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Wayne, PA, Hartford Funds is a leading provider of mutual funds, strategic beta ETFs and 529 college savings plans. The company offers a broad range of strategies designed to provide solutions for a variety of investment needs. Hartford Funds has total assets under management of $85 billion as of March 31, 2017 (excluding assets used in certain annuity products). Hartford Funds are primarily sub-advised by Wellington Management or Schroder Investment Management, two leading investment advisors.
At Hartford Funds, we believe in human-centric investing—a unique approach that utilizes deep research and insights to understand the rational and emotional ways investors think about money, their investments and their financial advisors, and then create solutions and advisor tools designed to serve those investors and their mindsets.
Hartford Funds embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit where all employees are encouraged to ‘act like an owner’ of the firm, and live Hartford Funds’ human-centric investing approach. Employees work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, that is focused on strengthening financial advisor-client relationships by helping investors better realize their true life goals.
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At Hartford Funds, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, and more.
This position may be subject to The Hartford Funds political contributions policy.
Hartford Funds is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Hartford Funds maintains a drug-free workplace.
Committed to Building Inclusion and Leveraging Diversity
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Job: Product Specialist