The Hartford Investment Research Analyst in WAYNE, Pennsylvania
Title: Investment Research Analyst
Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Wayne
Job Number: 1700815
Overview of Position: Our Investment Advisory Group (IAG) is responsible for the day-to-day portfolio oversight, manager evaluation, selection and ongoing due diligence in support of Hartford Funds, with approximately $85B in assets. We are seeking an Investment Research Analyst to join our successful team.
This role will have direct ownership and responsibility for a group of funds within an asset class (Equities) across Hartford Funds’ mutual fund and ETF complex. The incumbent will work with senior members of the investment and research teams to perform the day to day oversight process on our funds and provide investment support to a variety of internal clients.
• Select, monitor, and perform on-going evaluation of external equity investment managers in Hartford Funds mutual fund and ETF complex
• Develop a well-informed opinion on the ability of the long-term investment success of assigned equity funds and investment managers using quantitative and qualitative inputs
• Provide due diligence reports and research for communication with senior management and the board of directors, including commentary on performance and risk characteristics of the funds
• Conduct thorough portfolio analysis using Factset, Morningstar, Zephyr, Lipper and other investment research tools
• Act as a subject matter resource for assigned group of mutual funds and ETFs within an asset class (Equities), responsible for communicating investment performance, outlook, and strategy to the firm’s clients and sales force
• Understand and analyze key trends within the asset class, and positioning of competitors
• BA/BS required; concentration in finance, economics or quantitative discipline preferred. CFA or working toward a CFA is a plus
• 2 to 5 years overall investment related experience
• Experience in mutual fund manager/fund evaluation and selection
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with investment research and analytical tools for performance attribution, style-analysis, and portfolio analytics (i.e. Factset, Morningstar, Zephyr, eVestment, Lipper)
• Excellent quantitative skills – in particular with Excel
• Strong writing and presentation skills
• Ability to take initiative, work independently, and work in a team environment
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to work independently on complex tasks
All Hartford Fund Employees are expected to “act like an owner” and behave in a way that exemplifies our core values, which includes:
• Do what needs to be done in order to make the client experience and Hartford Funds better
• Act with integrity at all times – never put your reputation or the franchise’s reputation at risk
• Demonstrate financial discipline – focus on return on investments
• Enjoy what you are doing and who you do it with – Have fun!
• Continuously drive to deliver results, take accountability and ownership of work and strive for continuous improvement
• Never be satisfied with status-quo
WHY JOIN HARTFORD FUNDS?
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Radnor, PA, Hartford Funds is a leading provider of mutual funds, strategic beta ETFs and 529 college savings plans. The company offers a broad range of strategies designed to provide solutions for a variety of investment needs. Hartford Funds has total assets under management of $85 billion as of March 31, 2017 (excluding assets used in certain annuity products). Hartford Funds are primarily sub-advised by Wellington Management or Schroder Investment Management, two leading investment advisors.
At Hartford Funds, we believe in human-centric investing—a unique approach that utilizes deep research and insights to understand the rational and emotional ways investors think about money, their investments and their financial advisors, and then create solutions and advisor tools designed to serve those investors and their mindsets.
Hartford Funds embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit where all employees are encouraged to ‘act like an owner’ of the firm, and live Hartford Funds’ human-centric investing approach. Employees work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, that is focused on strengthening financial advisor-client relationships by helping investors better realize their true life goals.
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At Hartford Funds, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, and more.
Hartford Funds is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Hartford Funds maintains a drug-free workplace.
Committed to Building Inclusion and Leveraging Diversity
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
Job: Inv Product Management