The Hartford Director of Marketing Analytics in WAYNE, Pennsylvania
Title: Director of Marketing Analytics
Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Wayne
Job Number: 1701064
This individual will be responsible for all reporting, analysis and predictive modeling within Hartford Funds Marketing. The successful candidate will possess a strong analytical background with an emphasis on communicating with non-technical peers and making recommendations to improve business processes.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Maintain and enhance existing predictive models and create new predictive models as needed.
o Refresh the underlying data, pulling and joining from multiple sources including Marketo, Salesforce and the Data Warehouse
o Run the model and check diagnostics to ensure model assumptions are being met. Look for opportunities to add new variables to increase model accuracy
o Interpret and communicate the model coefficients to a non-technical audience. Highlight the business applications of the model and make recommendations for action.
• Act as the go-to resource within Marketing for data related questions
o Be the subject matter expert on all data platforms within Hartford Funds and how those platforms interact
o Quickly and accurately provide answers to ad-hoc data requests. Go beyond simply providing data but supply interpretations and recommendations as well.
o Proactively identify opportunities to automate or improve existing manual and inefficient processes throughout the department
• Provide regular reports and dashboards to Marketing personnel and leadership. Maintain and enhance existing reports, creating new ones as needed.
o Monthly reporting to CMO with summary metrics on sales, assets, Marketing & Sales activities for the month, broken down by firm and sales channel. Update slides to be shared with the Senior Leadership Team.
o Weekly updates to Email Marketing dashboard and continuing education on how to best interpret and utilized the resulting metrics
o Weekly and daily review of website metrics through Google Analytics
• Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or Finance. BA/BS required, MS strongly preferred.
• High proficiency in at least two of the following languages; R, SQL, VBA, Python, SAS
• Expert data wrangler. Experience with linear and logistic regression models, their assumptions and limitations. Additional statistical skills a plus
• Ability to interpret technical information and clearly communicate it to a non-technical audience
• An eagerness to identify and implement process improvement opportunities
• Experience with Marketo, Salesforce, and/or Google Analytics a plus
All Hartford Fund Employees are expected to “act like an owner” and behave in a way that exemplifies our core values, which includes:
• Do what needs to be done in order to make the client experience and Hartford Funds better
• Act with integrity at all times – never put your reputation or the franchise’s reputation at risk
• Demonstrate financial discipline – focus on return on investments
• Enjoy what you are doing and who you do it with – Have fun!
• Continuously drive to deliver results, take accountability and ownership of work and strive for continuous improvement
• Never be satisfied with status-quo
WHY JOIN HARTFORD FUNDS?
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Wayne, PA, Hartford Funds is a leading provider of mutual funds, strategic beta ETFs and 529 college savings plans. The company offers a broad range of strategies designed to provide solutions for a variety of investment needs. Hartford Funds has total assets under management of $85 billion as of March 31, 2017 (excluding assets used in certain annuity products). Hartford Funds are primarily sub-advised by Wellington Management or Schroder Investment Management, two leading investment advisors.
At Hartford Funds, we believe in human-centric investing—a unique approach that utilizes deep research and insights to understand the rational and emotional ways investors think about money, their investments and their financial advisors, and then create solutions and advisor tools designed to serve those investors and their mindsets.
Hartford Funds embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit where all employees are encouraged to ‘act like an owner’ of the firm, and live Hartford Funds’ human-centric investing approach. Employees work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, that is focused on strengthening financial advisor-client relationships by helping investors better realize their true life goals.
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At Hartford Funds, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, and more.
This position may be subject to The Hartford Funds political contributions policy.
Hartford Funds is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Hartford Funds maintains a drug-free workplace.
Committed to Building Inclusion and Leveraging Diversity
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE *
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Job: Creative Services