The Hartford Nurse Case Manager Workers%27 Compensation in United States
Title: Nurse Case Manager Workers%27 Compensation
Location: United States
Job Number: 1700558
WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Responsible for providing medical and disability case management services, which includes review and evaluation of Workers' Comp. claims for vocational and/or medical service delivery.
- Must work collaboratively with claims staff, injured worker, employer and health professionals to promote quality medical care and timely Return-To-Work (RTW) to achieve optimum, cost-effective medical and vocational outcomes.
- Requires assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating medical services and RTW options.
- Responsible for early intervention for lost time cases that are not categorized as High Exposure.
- Strictly telephonic and will focus on disability and medical management activities that result in a timely and sustained RTW.
- The Case Manager will be involved in the early stages of the injury process.
- The Case Manager will handle between 75-85 cases with a moderate degree of complexity and acuity of medical condition.
- Candidates will be well versed with the RTW program and is highly involved with medical management.
- You will participate in round tables, coordinate services and ongoing treatment.
- This position requires a clinical background.
- Registered nurse with a valid current license in appropriate jurisdiction(s) for NCM
- Workers' Compensation case management experience strongly preferred
- 3 years clinical practice experience required in orthopedic, neurological, rehabilitation, medical/surgical or occupational health.
- Professional certification as a CCM (CDMS, CRC, CVE, and/or current CRRN) or willingness to pursue.
- Bachelor (or higher) degree in a health-related field and licensure as a health professional preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer proficiency
Behaviors at the Hartford
• Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
• Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
• Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
• Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE *
Job: Case Management