The Hartford Vocational Case Manager (Return to Work Case Manager) in SYRACUSE, New York
Title: Vocational Case Manager (Return to Work Case Manager)
Location: United States
Other Locations: United States-Florida-Lake Mary, United States-New York-Syracuse, United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Job Number: 1700278
We are looking for Clinical and Vocational Rehabilitation Case Managers to work in the dynamic Group Disability Claims Offices to serve the needs of individuals who may not be able to work, due to a disability, and are requesting income replacement through their employer's Hartford Disability Insurance plan.
As a Vocational Rehabilitation Case Manager, you will be responsible for review of short and long term disability claims for possible case management involvement. The focus of this position is to assist disabled employees in returning to work with their own or other employers. This position will also assist the claim examining staff in evaluating vocational information to determine eligibility for benefits under group disability plans. This position requires a sound understanding of clinical issues and functional capabilities as they apply to disabled employees ability to work.
• Manage RTW referrals from Ability Analysts and Clinical Case Managers
• Documents resolution and status of all RTW referrals in DCS (Disability Claim System) and COT
• Escalates specific employer issues related to RTW, including failure to take employees back to work, to the appropriate Hartford and employer contacts
• Provides training to Ability Analysts to improve RTW referrals
• Contact physicians as needed to clarify current and future abilities, discuss incorporating RTW as part of the treatment plan, and collaborate on accommodations or additional treatment needed to achieve a safe, sustained RTW
• Interact with employers to identify RTW opportunities for employees who have filed LTD claims
• Collaborate with Center for Ability, the Job Accommodation Network (JAN) and other internal and external resources to identify tools and resources for claimants and employers that can be used to expedite RTW efforts
• Identify key jobs that have the most lost time incidence at large accounts, and work with employer contacts to provide modifications or alternate work to reduce lost time
• Discuss RTW with claimants, set RTW expectations and include them in RTW planning
• Collaborate with MCMs, BHCMs and RCMs to expedite RTW with own employer or to initiate intervention for those claimants where RTW with own employer is unlikely
• Educate Employers as to the benefits of RTW with modification
• Implement proactive approach with new accounts to establish RTW expectations
• Master's degree in Counseling and CRC designation required.
• Candidates may be certified Vocational Experts, Rehabilitation Counselors, or any other vocational professional whose expertise meets the needs of the clinical team.
• Prefer candidates with 3 or more years of related experience.
• Be knowledgeable of return to work best practices, ergonomics, FMLA, and related Human Resources topics required.
THE HARTFORD BEHAVIORS
Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
This position may be worked remotely from within commuting distance of our Lake Mary, FL, Bloomington, MN, Syracuse, NY, Alpharetta, GA or Rancho Cordova, CA offices. Training will be held onsite at the local offices.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Job: Case Management