Title: Customer Service Representative - Medbill
Location: United States-New York-Syracuse
Job Number: 1700834
The Customer Service Representative will be working in the Medbill Processing Center of the Syracuse Workers Compensation office. The majority of time is spent on the telephone answering billing questions and speaking with providers.
Among duties are resolving/answering routine problems and questions. Processing minor claims to include medical bills. Data entry to access and enter account information. Provide support as needed, such as running reports, following up with persons inside or outside the company to gather necessary information. Sending faxes and correspondence when necessary. Additional projects/duties as assigned by Supervisor/Team Leader.
The Hartford's MedBill Processing Department in Syracuse, NY is a fast paced organization that will offer you the opportunity to join a team of dedicated Claim Professionals. We value providing exceptional customer service and superior claim handling, while providing our employees with the opportunity for growth and advancement. Phone desk requires employees to work 8:30-5:00 Monday through Friday.
The ideal candidate will possess the following requirements:
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of experience in customer service or call center environment
- Requires excellent spoken communication skills as well as an excellent telephone manner
- Requires an ability to break down explanations of complex processes and rules into manageable information
Requires a demonstrated level of competency relative to initiative, willingness to act, ability to deal with ambiguity, customer focus, composure, active listening, time management, priority setting and ability to multi-task.
Bilingual candidates a plus
- Medical terminology and coding experience preferred
- Requires computer literacy and strong keyboard skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Requires some college or equivalent experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Job: P&C Claim Clerical