The Hartford Managing Attorney, Seattle in SEATTLE, Washington
Title: Managing Attorney, Seattle
Location: United States-Washington-Seattle
Job Number: 1701452
This position maintains and grows the presence for Legal Counsel for The Hartford in the local community. This position provides leadership of the staff counsel office, builds and maintains partnering relationships with staff and with Claim Centers, provides oversight and guidance on case handling at the local level, and manages a personal caseload. This role is a key player in driving the strategy of partnering with the Claim Centers to provide excellent results to clients, and in building and maintaining the firm’s reputation of excellence in the local legal community. This individual will lead a team of ten.
• Develop and execute appropriate uniform office systems concerning the receipt and timely assignment of files; the timely and meaningful communications with clients, claims, opposing counsel and the court; the identification, maintenance and storage of open files and, the closing and storing of closed files.
• Ensure that proper conflicts check and calendar systems are in place.
• Create, revise and ensure the use of uniform legal and administrative forms.
• Conduct suit analyses and frequent reviews of staff law office files.
• Develop partnership between office and claim centers. Provide high quality service and timely information to claims.
• Participate in roundtables.
• Gather and compile data and statistics from multiple sources for preparation of monthly reports.
• Prepare and administer office budget.
• Identify issues that raise broad client, claim or corporate implications.
• Administers performance management process for professional and support staff. (Results expected, on-going feedback, evaluation, development, rewards/consequences).
• Assume proactive, leading role in requisite training of staff on legal issues and goals.
• Recruit, hire, develop and retain outstanding legal staff and support staff.
• Promote diversity and inclusion. • Identify top talent; focus on development and "re-recruiting".
• Provide high quality legal representation to clients.
· JD from accredited law school and license to practice in the state of WA. Member in good standing of all state and federal bars where attorney has been admitted.
· Trial experience in tort litigation in the field of insurance defense (jury and bench trials); ideal candidate will have both tort and construction defect experience.
· Experienced attorney; a minimum of ten years law practice and business management experience in a large corporate environment. (Preferred candidates have both).
· Proven leadership effectiveness and strong communication skills are critical.
· A consistent, proven, high level of performance and achievement.
· Demonstrated leadership ability and a successful track record managing a team.
· Ability to influence and communicate across all levels of the organization.
The Hartford is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law. The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversity.
Job: P&C Claim Legal