The Hartford Line of Business Manager - Commercial Surety (San Francisco) in SAN FRANCISCO, California
Title: Line of Business Manager - Commercial Surety (San Francisco)
Location: United States-California-San Francisco
Job Number: 1700240
Risk Selection / Technical Underwriting- Underwriting Discipline
- Is product and underwriting expert for one line of surety business in the regional office structure.
- Rigorously analyzes underwriting information and is able to assess complex risks Displays strong product knowledge, sales abilities and underwriting skills at transactional business level
- Is creative in use of underwriting tools and techniques to retain quality renewal book.
- Exhibit a commitment to finding ways to retain accounts without sacrificing quality; -
- Takes initiative to stay informed and abreast of market developments and company business strategies
- Demonstrates skill in analysis of loss and risk information, recognition of "red flags" and inconsistencies in information, appropriate evaluation and efficiency in determining and obtaining "need to know" information.
- Effective in utilizing underwriting knowledge to successfully carry out respective profit and growth initiatives.
- Demonstrates underwriting acumen in making business decisions to manage book mix and leverages production opportunities to ensure territory profitability.
- Understands and communicates rationale for underwriting decisions.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of bond's target products and programs in the line of business
Application of Technology
- Utilizes automation tools to support the underwriting process.
- Uses technology to access information to stay abreast of current issues and trends affecting the insurance industry, competitive data, risk/class specific information, marketplace data, etc.
Agency Management - Book of Business Management
- Identifies profitable versus unprofitable agents within territory and identifies negative profit trends in the books of unprofitable agents.
- Manages, follows up, and reports out on action plan initiatives and results.
- MBA strongly desired. Advanced insurance related designation (CPCU, IIA) preferred, but not required
- 5 years experience in bond industry
- A consistent high level of performance over the career span
- Completion of an assessment that measures leadership potential and decision making capability; results must be commensurate with the requirements for the position
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Job: Bond UW