The Hartford Account Manager- San Francisco/Rancho Cordova CA in SAN FRANCISCO, California
Title: Account Manager- San Francisco/Rancho Cordova CA
Location: United States-California-San Francisco
Other Locations: United States-California-Rancho Cordova
Job Number: 1700817
WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION?
Supports Underwriting in the sales acquisition process. Provides support for Commercial Middle Market new business and renewal policy account coordination, review, essential services, rating, prepare work orders for quoting and issuance of middle market business. Serves as the point of contact for agents in handling inquiries and requests. Communicates with customers to request needed information and resolves problems.
Sales Support: Responsible for supporting the Underwriter in the sales acquisition process through a variety of services that may include account coordination, new business and renewal policy essential services, report ordering, preliminary classification of new business, and data collection. Responsible for reviewing, preparing work orders for rating and issuing policies. Applies screening criteria in accordance with guidelines. Communicates with customers to obtain needed and required underwriting information and resolves problems. Supports sales efforts and strategies.
Workload/Desk Management: Responsible for handling high volumes of transactions. Effectively balance quality, and timeliness while working alongside the Underwriter to Manage a Book of Business). Multi-task, prioritize and manage daily work activities. Organizes work, based on AM/UW Huddles, recognition of Top Agents, and territorial differences, so that others can easily determine what needs to done and effectively continue the work and respond to customers as needed. Maintains an effective pending/diary/follow-up system. Maintains a professional/organized work area.
Understands and Supports Organizational Vision and Strategy and Embraces Change
• Stays current on issues potentially impacting his/her work, including industry and marketplace trends, strategic direction of the organization, organizational structure and leadership, team goals, internal initiatives, etc.
• Understands and aligns own work plans, activities and decisions to help fulfill all commitments within established timeframes
• Seeks information about the vision and strategies for his/her team, department and The Hartford overall
• Possesses the necessary knowledge of business concepts to achieve business results
• Manages own time and workload efficiently: balances multiple priorities to fulfill all commitments within established timeframes
• Identifies the benefits and opportunities of change and quickly alters approaches to implement and support change efforts
• Modifies own work activities and methods to eliminate waste and inefficiency
• Attends Regional Office Meetings to understand priorities of the Office and works hand in hand with the Underwriter to achieve Regional Office Goals
• Constantly seeks opportunities to learn and acquire new skills
• Ensures that lessons learned are applied to future situations
• Strives to learn and understand dynamics of the territory, Book of Business Knowledge
• Words and actions are consistent; demonstrates company core values and principles
• Is open and honest in all dealings internally and externally; treats others with fairness and respect
• Seeks to resolve conflicts in a productive manner without assigning blame or claiming credit
• Supports others who request assistance and/or information
• Advances collective team mission as well as individual goals
• Builds effective relationships with Agents
• Acts with appropriate urgency when responding to customer inquiries or requests
• Sets high standards and continually evaluates self against performance targets
• Demonstrates professionalism and establishes credibility and rapport in all customer interactions: Personally enhances The Hartford’s reputation
• Serves as the Single Point of Contact for agents on service related/problem resolution
Demonstrates Effective Communication Skills
• Listens carefully and asks probing questions to understand others’ needs or perspectives (peers, business partners and customers)
• Speaks clearly and concisely to effectively convey information or express opinions; clearly explains complex or technical information in a way that is helpful to listeners
• Quickly comprehends written information and writes effective letters, emails, reports, etc.
• Keep others informed so there are no unnecessary “surprises”
• Tailors communication content and method to the audience; anticipates how messages are likely to be received
• Knowledge of the following primary insurance coverage’s: Workers Compensation, Auto, General Liability, Property
• College Degree preferred
• Strong Customer Service and Relationship Building skills required
• Effective Communication Skills / Written and Verbal
• Strong Customer Service Orientation
• Good Automation Skills and strong technical ability
• Professional Demeanor
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point Software
• Works Autonomously
• Ability to shift work efforts quickly and make decisions in a fast past environment
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
This position will be located in the San Francisco, CA or Rancho Cordova, CA Regional office and is currently not eligible for the Remote Worker Program.
• Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
• Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
• Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
• Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE *
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Job: Shared Svcs & Support