The Hartford Director Data Science in SAN ANTONIO, Texas
Title: Director Data Science
Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Other Locations: United States-Florida-Lake Mary, United States-Texas-San Antonio, United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Job Number: 1701017
The Hartford Financial Services Group is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to support the needs of Operation Research. As a member of the Operations Data Science team this individual will model complex operations problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques. The individual will also participate in the training and development of staff; manage research projects from research design through conclusions and recommendations; and participate in the implementation plans, as subject matter expert.
This position combines business and technical skills involving interaction with business customers, Data Science staff, both internal and external data stewards, and a wide variety of Hartford personnel at all levels in support of quantitative research, predictive modeling, and data mining projects for Operational Predictive Modeling.
- Develop predictive and prescriptive models using various techniques in support of operations initiatives.
- Apply advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques to build, maintain, and improve on multiple real-time decision systems.
- Validate, manipulate and perform exploratory data analysis tasks on analytical data sets.
- Provide qualitative and quantitative data support to ensure accuracy of characteristics and metrics. Build repeatable processes.
- Work with cross-functional team members to identify and prioritize actionable, high impact insights across a variety of operational areas.
- Provide expertise on mathematical concepts and inspire the adoption of advanced analytics and data science across the breath of the organization.
- Peer review and evaluate models built by Data Science staff
Experience & Skills
Bachelor's Degree or higher in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Quantitative Economics or other similar analytical field
5 years relevant experience in large scale operations environments (Call Centers, Manufacturing, Marketing, Underwriting, and Digital media)
Deep expertise in data/research and predictive modeling.
Experience with data modeling, data warehousing tools, and data bases (e.g. SAS, ORACLE, Teradata, SQL Server, R, Python)
Strong strategic thinking and exceptional analytical capability
Strong verbal/written communication skills; Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels across the organization
Ability to work independently or in a team environment with internal /external customers
Behaviors at the Hartford
Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Job: Data Sci-replaced