The Hartford General Adjuster - Great Opportunity for Experienced Claims Professional in SALT LAKE CITY, Utah
Title: General Adjuster - Great Opportunity for Experienced Claims Professional
Location: United States-Texas
Other Locations: United States-Washington-Seattle, United States-Oregon, United States-Utah-Salt Lake City, United States-Arizona-Phoenix, United States-Colorado
Job Number: 1700258
The successful General Adjuster candidate will plan, recommend, reserve and execute the investigation, valuation, disposition and settlement of large property claims in a manner consistent with corporate claim settlement policies and procedures and statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements throughout the United States as appropriate. The individual in this position will work to achieve fair, equitable and timely claim dispositions and properly assess the indemnity and expense exposure of assigned claims. They will report to a Property Major Case Manager and operate in a team environment that will develop and share business knowledge and claim handling expertise with team members and business partners.
In addition, the General Adjuster should have a strong functional knowledge of claims and be able to appropriately interpret and apply insurance coverage.
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Consistent high level of performance and achievement over career span
- 5 years experience as adjuster handling complex property losses, required (must be evident on resume)preferably with a carrier.
- Cost estimation preferably using Xactimate and computer competencies required.
- Ability to handle business income losses
- Knowledge of Property Claim Law and jurisdictional issues
- Disciplined time management and organizational skills and ability to function in a self-reliant manner
- Availability for nationwide catastrophe operations as necessary
- Must have MS Office knowledge (ie Excel)
- Must live close to a major airport in: Dallas, Denver, Salt Lake City, Seattle, Portland, or Phoenix.
Job: P&C Property Claim Hand