The Hartford RFP / Financial Writing Specialist in RADNOR, Pennsylvania
Title: RFP / Financial Writing Specialist
Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Radnor
Job Number: 1603128
Overview of the role:
The RFP / Financial Writing Specialist plays a critical role in the Request for Proposal (RFP/RFI) process for Hartford Funds’ retail and institutional businesses. The role is responsible for ensuring that RFP responses are timely, thorough and accurate and promote new business and client retention opportunities. The role will ensure that data on the fund family are accurately maintained in external consultant databases. The RFP Specialist will participate in various initiatives designed to improve the overall efficiencies of the team.
Responsibilities of the role:
• Preparing and responding to RFP and RFI requests; drafting responses that are thorough, accurate and highlight Hartford Funds’ products for competitive advantage and maximum impact
• Populating and maintaining the internal RFP response database.
• Working toward continuously improving the accuracy and relevancy of all information contained in the RFP response database
• Building relationships and proactively interacting with RFP stakeholders (such as the Product, Research, Distribution, Legal, Compliance, Marketing, Human Resources and the Hartford Funds’ sub-advisors) to develop strong content and to keep abreast of current information related to the firm, its strategies and initiatives for the future.
• Disseminating information internally regarding progress of RFPs and RFIs; ensuring a smooth RFP process where all deadlines are met
• Managing the process for ensuring data on the Hartford Fund’s products and services are accurately populated into external consultant databases on a monthly and quarterly basis and through periodic ad-hoc requests.
• Managing the storage of all quantitative information used to complete RFPs/RFIs and Consultant Databases to allow for the quick retrieval of accurate data
• Participating in various projects aimed at improving the overall efficiency of the RFP team
• Working in a fast-paced environment with conflicting deadlines
WHY JOIN HARTFORD FUNDS?
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Radnor, PA, Hartford Funds is a leading provider of mutual funds, strategic beta ETFs and 529 college savings plans. The company offers a broad range of strategies designed to provide solutions for a variety of investment needs. Hartford Funds has total assets under management of $78.1 billion as of September 30, 2016 (excluding assets used in certain annuity products). Hartford Funds are primarily sub-advised by Wellington Management or Schroder Investment Management, two leading investment advisors.
At Hartford Funds, we believe in human-centric investing—a unique approach that utilizes deep research and insights to understand the rational and emotional ways investors think about money, their investments and their financial advisors, and then create solutions and advisor tools designed to serve those investors and their mindsets.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• FINRA Series 6 licensed preferred.
• 2 – 5 years of experience within the financial services industry required; RFP experience preferred
• Excellent writing and communication skills with the ability to address technical investment-oriented detail in a clear, concise and compelling manner
• Solid organizational skills with strong attention to detail
• Critical thinking, quantitative skills and the ability to understand and interpret detailed information such as investment performance and portfolio characteristics
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with both external and internal business partners.
• Lead and/or participate in a cross-functional project team environment.
• Ability to learn quickly and work independently, but also to contribute as part of a team.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint
• Demonstrated skill in content creation and management a plus
• Experience with a content management database (PMAS, Qvidian, etc. ) a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE *
Job: Product Specialist