The Hartford Investment Summer Intern in RADNOR, Pennsylvania
Title: Investment Summer Intern
Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Radnor
Job Number: 1700230
Description: This intern role is within the group responsible for the development, management and promotion of the entire investment product lineup of Hartford Funds. The position will provide exposure to performance measurement and assessment, asset allocation, product lifecycle and competitive positioning disciplines.
Responsibilities of the role:
• Utilize FactSet and Morningstar to develop reports to help the research, product, and asset allocation teams analyze performance and performance attribution, portfolio characteristics, peers, and competitors in our fund line-up.
• Participate in department meetings around due diligence, new product development, and asset allocation (fund of fund portfolio management).
• Work with team on further development of Data Warehouse which is used to house portfolio characteristics, performance information and qualitative information about our product lineup.
• Work with team on further development of SharePoint site which serves as a reference library for information received from our sub-advisers as well as content created by IAG.
• Other duties as assigned.
WHY JOIN HARTFORD FUNDS?
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Radnor, PA, Hartford Funds is a leading provider of mutual funds, strategic beta ETFs and 529 college savings plans. The company offers a broad range of strategies designed to provide solutions for a variety of investment needs. Hartford Funds has total assets under management of $78.1 billion as of September 30, 2016 (excluding assets used in certain annuity products). Hartford Funds are primarily sub-advised by Wellington Management or Schroder Investment Management, two leading investment advisors.
At Hartford Funds, we believe in human-centric investing—a unique approach that utilizes deep research and insights to understand the rational and emotional ways investors think about money, their investments and their financial advisors, and then create solutions and advisor tools designed to serve those investors and their mindsets.
Hartford Funds embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit where all employees are encouraged to ‘act like an owner’ of the firm, and live Hartford Funds’ human-centric investing approach. Employees work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, that is focused on strengthening financial advisor-client relationships by helping investors better realize their true life goals.
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At Hartford Funds, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, and more.
This position may be subject to The Hartford Funds political contributions policy.
Hartford Funds is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Hartford Funds maintains a drug-free workplace.
Committed to Building Inclusion and Leveraging Diversity
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE *
• Must be currently enrolled in college as a Business/Finance/Economics major
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
• Experience in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Power Point preferred
• Strong ability to multi-task and handle several projects simultaneously
• Familiarity with Mutual Funds and exchange-traded funds preferred
• Interest in Financial Markets
• Fast learner
• Willing to take on new projects and lend a hand to the team where needed
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Job: Employment Programs