The Hartford Finance Summer Intern in RADNOR, Pennsylvania
Title: Finance Summer Intern
Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Radnor
Job Number: 1700227
Responsibilities of the role:
• Perform financial modeling (assets / flows / revenue and expense analysis)
• Support profitability analysis (new and/or enhanced client level profitability)
• Gather and maintain competitor/industry intelligence
• May perform accounting work
• Other projects as assigned
WHY JOIN HARTFORD FUNDS?
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Radnor, PA, Hartford Funds is a leading provider of mutual funds, strategic beta ETFs and 529 college savings plans. The company offers a broad range of strategies designed to provide solutions for a variety of investment needs. Hartford Funds has total assets under management of $78.1 billion as of September 30, 2016 (excluding assets used in certain annuity products). Hartford Funds are primarily sub-advised by Wellington Management or Schroder Investment Management, two leading investment advisors.
At Hartford Funds, we believe in human-centric investing—a unique approach that utilizes deep research and insights to understand the rational and emotional ways investors think about money, their investments and their financial advisors, and then create solutions and advisor tools designed to serve those investors and their mindsets.
Hartford Funds embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit where all employees are encouraged to ‘act like an owner’ of the firm, and live Hartford Funds’ human-centric investing approach. Employees work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, that is focused on strengthening financial advisor-client relationships by helping investors better realize their true life goals.
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At Hartford Funds, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, and more.
This position may be subject to The Hartford Funds political contributions policy.
Hartford Funds is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Hartford Funds maintains a drug-free workplace.
Committed to Building Inclusion and Leveraging Diversity
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE *
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and experience in Power Point required
• Experience in Microsoft Word and Outlook preferred
• Experience in pivot tables / data manipulation is a plus
• Strong ability to multi-task and handle several projects simultaneously
• Fast learner
• Willing to take on new projects and lend a hand to the team where needed
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Job: Employment Programs