The Hartford Copywriter in RADNOR, Pennsylvania
Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Radnor
Job Number: 1700033
Job Title: Copywriter
Location: Radnor, PA
Overview of the role:
The candidate will use his or her writing skills to create compelling marketing content for financial advisors and their clients.
Responsibilities of the role:
• Develop original content that is forward-thinking and in-line with current investment trends
• Collaborate with teams across marketing, contributing creative ideas, encouraging others to share theirs, and ensuring copy stands out from the crowd.
• Ensure that all assigned content (both digital and print) contains high-quality copy, reflects the “voice” of Hartford Funds, and follows our style guidelines
• Repackage compelling insights from our sub-advisers that educate advisors on market conditions and specific asset classes
• Leverage internal and external investment experts to create compelling and timely insights on financial markets, the economy, the benefits of particular asset classes, the strengths of our fund family, and value-added/practice-management topics
• Build engaging article pages using our content management system to promote our content
• Enter all writing assignments into a project tracking system to ensure that projects are delivered on time or ahead of schedule
• Follow the compliance/Ad Review approval process for all projects
WHY JOIN HARTFORD FUNDS?
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Radnor, PA, Hartford Funds is a leading provider of mutual funds, strategic beta ETFs and 529 college savings plans. The company offers a broad range of strategies designed to provide solutions for a variety of investment needs. Hartford Funds has total assets under management of $78.1 billion as of September 30, 2016 (excluding assets used in certain annuity products). Hartford Funds are primarily sub-advised by Wellington Management or Schroder Investment Management, two leading investment advisors.
At Hartford Funds, we believe in human-centric investing—a unique approach that utilizes deep research and insights to understand the rational and emotional ways investors think about money, their investments and their financial advisors, and then create solutions and advisor tools designed to serve those investors and their mindsets.
Hartford Funds embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit where all employees are encouraged to ‘act like an owner’ of the firm, and live Hartford Funds’ human-centric investing approach. Employees work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, that is focused on strengthening financial advisor-client relationships by helping investors better realize their true life goals.
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At Hartford Funds, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, and more.
This position may be subject to The Hartford Funds political contributions policy.
Hartford Funds is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Hartford Funds maintains a drug-free workplace.
Committed to Building Inclusion and Leveraging Diversity
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE *
• A bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English, finance, marketing , or a writing-intensive major
• 2 years of writing experience desired
• Outstanding writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• A persuasive and confident approach to creativity
• Strong analytical skills and intellectual curiosity
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Strong attention to detail
Job: Marketing Communications