The Hartford GL Litigation Plus Team Leader in PHOENIX, Arizona
Title: GL Litigation Plus Team Leader
Location: United States-Arizona-Phoenix
Other Locations: United States
Job Number: 1700860
Reporting to the Western General Liability Litigation Manager, this leadership position is responsible to manage and direct claim and coverage investigation, liability determination and resolution , in compliance with corporate claim settlement policies and procedures. In addition, this position is accountable to effectively manage allocated loss costs to budget guidelines and fully comply with statutory, regulatory and ethical requirements.
• Effectively communicate and teach a thorough understanding of business vision, strategies and plans for achieving business goals.
• Effectively train, coach and develop staff to enable optimal job performance and the achievement of individual and professional goals.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of claim industry trends to assist in the identification of positive and adverse impacts.
• Effectively manage and balance work load in terms of equitable claim distribution.
• Manage 5 or more General Liability Litigation Claim Handlers with corresponding claim inventories.
• Fully comply with statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements.
• Manage and implement change including explaining drivers and business goals.
• Evaluate, acknowledge and manage performance through the use of metric tools.
• Accountability for maintaining our customer service commitments to our insureds and business partners.
Specific functional accountabilities include;
• Leadership Effectiveness
• Claim File Management and Technical Expertise
• Talent Management
• Customer Service
• Teamwork and Team Building
• Staff of 5 - 6 employees with corresponding claim inventory
• Understand and effectively analyze commercial and or personal coverage forms
• Experience in leading and managing all levels of staff relative to experience, tenure and professional development
• Strong understanding of reserve accuracy relative to claim exposures through damage assessment
• Extensive knowledge of customer service drivers and the ability to resolve customer issues, needs and concerns independently
• Strong understanding of financial and operational reports for analysis and action planning
• Experience with human resource policies and procedures and administration of the same
• Strong leadership skills in terms of teaching, guiding, coaching and developing staff
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written regardless of audience demographic
• Ability to partner with internal and external customers inclusive of Agents, Brokers, Sales and Product
• Strong analytical skills in terms of functional, technical and financial information
• College degree or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 5 years handling high exposure general liability claims and litigation.
• Prior management experience strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of contracts and contractual indemnification
• More than a basic understanding of coverage and risk transfer heading toward the development of a strong coverage acumen
• Consistent high level of performance and achievement over career span.
• Demonstrated level of competency as described in the Competency Profile.
• CPCU, CIC, SCLA or other professional designation, or working toward such designation.
• Satisfactory completion of the candidate testing/certification process
Behaviors at the Hartford
• Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
• Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
• Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
• Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
• The GL Lit Plus Team Leader reports to the Western, General Liability & Auto Litigation Claim Center located in Phoenix, AZ.
• The Remote Worker Program may be available to qualified candidates.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Job: P&C Claim Misc Supt Roles