The Hartford Regional Sales Director, Group Benefits in PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania
Title: Regional Sales Director, Group Benefits
Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Job Number: 1700346
The Regional Sales Director plays a critical role in leading Group Benefits Sales & Distribution to execute our go-forward strategy and vision:
The Hartford will be viewed at the “must see” carrier, our people will be considered the industry experts and our producer/customer experience will drive brand loyalty. We will go to market with targeted precision, enabling us to “out execute” the competition each and every day. We will serve our producers and customers well, anticipating their needs and exceeding their expectations.
We will create a winning environment where all team members interact with respect and openness in the pursuit of excellence.
The Regional Sales Director is responsible for driving profitable sales growth, retention, and market/brand development for business (50-4,999 lives) in 4-5 major markets through a team of 5-6 Regional Account Executives (Sales Reps). The Regional Sales Director will drive a significant book of business for Group Benefits with an operating budget consistent with their territory. Primary product lines include Group Life and Disability, including a strategic and proactive emphasis on Professional Segment, Group Retiree Health, Business Travel Accident, Leave Management and Voluntary. The position reports to the RVP.
Primary areas of accountability for the Regional Sales Director include the following:
- Strategy and Market Development, Sales Competency and Execution
- Drive increased capability through sales and account management team to ensure all markets in broader region are consistently growing profitably.
- Meet and exceed all Sales Performance Goals for Regional Accounts, including sales, persistency, block growth and profit management.
- Ensure effective and consistent workflows and Best Practices are implemented, monitored and managed according to The Hartford standards and procedures.
- Develop and support go forward strategy with commercial markets partners.
- Ensure consistency across assigned markets for Regional Account customers, prospects and producers
- Contribute to the development and execution of Regional Account strategy, including a proactive emphasis on Professional Segment, Specialty Products, Leave Management and Voluntary
- Market, Brand and Producer Development – Coach team to develop effective external partnerships by leveraging the Hartford's strong brand, best-in-class reputation, and company resources
- Ensure sales team leverages all sales tools, technology and information to support sales efforts, drive consistency and add value to new/existing producer relationships.
- Work closely with Underwriting in support of profitable growth objectives, understand risk selection and guidelines, and actively participate in the inventory management process.
- Work in tandem with National Account Executives to drive consistency with producers while deepening their understanding of the Hartford’s capabilities and improving success levels.
- Work closely with Relationship Management partners in developing client-specific analysis and recommendations while complimenting the overall book of business management efforts and strategy.
- Effective knowledge of competitor Life / Disability players, products / provisions and overall philosophy with the ability to leverage our competencies to further support profitability and sales objectives.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Lead sales team in a variety of geographic territories and drive operating routines to create consistent profitable growth in assigned territory.
- Create and maintain a High Performance Culture across Regional Accounts team through effective on-boarding, training, coaching, development and performance management.
- Proven ability to successfully lead remote direct reports and team members
- Builds strong relationships with business partners; successfully navigate the organization driving increased decision effectiveness and execution.
- Build cohesive team that functions well through the sales life cycle from RFP through Account Management with Sales Support.
- Responsible for consistently recruiting/pipelining new talent.
- Provide ongoing coaching, training and mentoring for Sales and Relationship Management team members.
- Create strong internal and external partnerships and drive consistency throughout the organization
- Balance day to day operational responsibilities while supporting broader strategic initiatives, driving project work to completion
- Minimum of 10 years of proven success in prior sales roles
- Strongly prefer a minimum of 2 years experience in a sales leadership role
- Highly successful sales track record in the Group Benefits Industry.
- Believes that The Hartford is a great place to work; Knows how to inspire, motivate, and create a positive sales office environment
- Ability to develop/lead high performance team; track record of coaching, developing and motivating a team
- Promotes a high level of integrity and professionalism with team members and business partners
- Ability to successfully recruit, hire, train, and mentor a high performance team
- Establish and grow exceptional service and customer solutions.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to lead strategically yet implement locally; project management skill needed
- Exceptional communication skills - verbal, written, and presentation.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain balance between driving sales operating routines and cultivating innovation across Regional Sales organizations
- Role requires up to 60-70% regional travel within a designated territory
- 4-year degree or equivalent work experience required
- Business Acumen and Business Analytics,
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Creates a High Performance Culture;
- Develops Effective Internal/External Relationships; creates business opportunities through those relationships
- Drives Results
- Innovative and creative in building solutions to business issues
- Time/Resource Management
- Negotiating and influencing at all levels of the organization to include producers and senior leaders
- Organizational Savvy and Leading Change
- Leadership of an organization, subordinate leaders and sales reps
- Strategic thinking
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Job: Group Field Sales