The Hartford Legal Assistant-Insurance Defense-Philadelphia, PA in PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania
Title: Legal Assistant-Insurance Defense-Philadelphia, PA
Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Job Number: 1701126
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a legal secretary in a law office or corporate law department required.
- Successful candidates will have experience in a high volume litigation environment, including not limited to document production, discovery preparation and production, maintenance of Outlook calendars, data maintenance, client/claim/home office contact.
- Workers' compensation experience preferred.
- Personal injury experience preferred.
- Insurance defense background preferred.
- Trial support experience is a plus.
- Experience working in a paperless environment preferred.
- Must be able to work with WCAIS and County Court systems.
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently in a computer based environment.
- Must be capable of data entry across multiple systems.
- Must have strong organizational skills especially regarding prioritizing work activities for multiple attorneys.
- Must be able to manipulate electronic documents such as TIF, PDF and JPG formats.
- Must have excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills and a positive 'can do' attitude.
- Must possess the ability to communicate complex information and demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a team player.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in order to meet stringent turnaround times/deadlines.
- Support and assist in building a high performing team with diverse characteristics, where individual differences are valued.
- Build appropriate rapport and constructive and effective relationships with people inside and outside the organization. Represent The Hartford as a credible, trustworthy, flexible and dependable resource. Consistently act with the highest level of integrity and adhere to general principles of business ethics. Demonstrate courtesy, honesty, integrity, respect and competence when interacting with others.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
This position is located in our Philadelphia, PA Staff Legal Office on Market Street.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE *
Job: P&C Claim Legal Support