The Hartford Bond Operations Manager in MORRISTOWN, New Jersey
Title: Bond Operations Manager
Location: United States
Other Locations: United States-New Jersey-Morristown, United States-Florida-Lake Mary, United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Number: 1701641
The Bond Operations Manager will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer and Head of Bond. This position will be a member of the Bond Leadership Team and will have 4 direct reports. Responsibilities include:
- Partners with multiple stakeholders (RO’s, Managing Directors, HO leadership, etc.) to establish strategic visions, operational objectives, and policies and procedures.
- Communicates appropriately and influences leadership to execute against the short and long term objectives necessary to achieve operations and business strategic goals.
- Develops, documents, implements and maintains processes, workflows, and tools in close collaboration with all relevant stakeholders.
- Drives best practices, standardization, role clarity, process efficiency, and cost improvements.
- Ensures Surety systems and future state system/workflow strategies are developed and effectively implemented.
- Manages pipeline of high-impact IT projects. Coordinates with IT for system production and enhancements.
- Implements effective process controls to minimize operational risks; coordinates with Credit Officer to assure compliance and continuous improvement.
- Works closely with Field Management and NSFO to implement and drive changes and operation improvements.
- Ensures all internal and external service and time standards are met or exceeded, with strict adherence to compliance and quality requirements.
Underwriting Support (30%):
- Manages agency licensing, power of attorneys and other agency services functions.
- Manages (through others) all Account Manager support for Underwriting and Field Office functions
- Manages (through others) all Processing within Centralized Service Platform
- Coordinates with RO Managers, Managing Directors and Business Development leader to set targets for continuous improvement with scarce resources.
- Leads process changes in support of LOB, Product and Underwriting initiatives.
- Prepares and distributes management reports (i.e. production/quality). Uses information analysis tools, technology and key metrics to make decisions. Represents the team/dept in meetings with management and provides input for management decision making.
Leadership, Performance Management and Talent Development (30%):
- Builds and maintains good working relationships with business partners and leaders across functions and units.
- Provides ongoing advice and counsel to the COO of Bond and others in developing and implementing the company's operating policies and long-term strategies.
- Builds a great team, empowers and develops others and fosters a diverse and inclusive environment where employees feel valued and are recognized and rewarded for their contributions.
- Holds team members accountable for performance; provides valuable and timely feedback and guidance that is candid and direct; manages underperformers through disciplinary process and making recommendations for terminations as appropriate.
- Provides guidance on staff budget development, insight into staff model assumptions, resource planning insight and training direction.
- Ensures compliance with all company policies, procedures, and guidelines as well as gov’t and industry regulations, policies and guidelines.
- Leads special projects as assigned.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- BS/BA degree
- Strong operational management skills; experience and proven track record in process improvement, project management and business transformation (including use of information technology)
- Proven ability to delegate and track record of getting results through others; success in leading a team collaboratively in a matrix environment
- Deep and broad experience in surety underwriting (10 years of relevant experience)
- Knowledge of pricing models
- Strategic thinking
- Knowledge of regulatory environment, and proven ability to use resources such as State Filings, General Counsel and Underwriting to achieve results. Proven ability to set the right tone for Compliance
- Knowledge of surety licensing requirements and Power of Attorney practices
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Solid business acumen skills and ability to exercise professional judgment and assume responsibility for decisions which have an impact on people, costs and quality of service
**This position may be located in one of the regional offices**
The Hartford is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law. The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversity.
Job: Operations Management