The Hartford Sr Consultant Risk Engineering - Florida in LAKE MARY, Florida
Title: Sr Consultant Risk Engineering - Florida
Location: United States-Florida-Lake Mary
Job Number: 1701880
This will be a remote position where the candidate has the opportunity to work from home and service clients within the surrounding territories.
- This position will provide Risk Engineering technical consultation to a diverse book of business providing reports to underwriting for the selection of new and renewal commercial, multi-line business. We promote a highly collaborative work environment and encourage a team approach as we engage with our underwriters to deliver sound business decisions.
- This position will provide ongoing technical support to policyholders, producers, and other customers to help them comply with safety and health regulations, make recommendations that can reduce losses and solve business problems. May be assigned cross functional projects that assist our segment partners in meeting goals, outlined in both the local Risk Engineering and regional office operating plans.
- The consultant will collaborate with our business partners to provide risk management solutions. The ideal candidate will work as a business consultant developing and delivering service strategies while sharing their knowledge to affect positive change in many types of diverse businesses.
Highly motivated individual must have analytical skills along with strong consultative & relationship building skills. Broad based knowledge with risk management and Risk Engineering technical disciplines.
- Work experience in Risk Engineering is a must.
- A CSP, CHST, ARM or other safety related designation desired, or must be willing to attain professional designations.
The Hartford offers a cutting edge automated environment providing our consultants with the tools and technology to make the job easier.
- Strong computer skills are needed across the MS Office Suite of products.
- 6 years of risk management and Risk Engineering work experience with a professional designation or 8 years of experience risk management and Risk Engineering and willing to attain a professional designation within 24 months of joining The Hartford.
- A bachelor's degree in the following fields of study preferred: Safety Management, Risk Management and Insurance, Business Management, Industrial or Environmental Engineering, Biology and Science Majors.
- An understanding of commercial lines insurance highly preferred.
- Must have strong consultative skills to work successfully in our service focused environment, and have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Day travel and 10-20% of overnight travel are required. Ability to travel for work via air, rail, or automobile.
- The ideal candidate must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Bilingual capabilities are a plus
- May consider candidates with less than five years risk management and Risk Engineering work experience for a Risk Engineering Consultant Role and may consider a candidate with a significant amount of advanced experience for an Executive Risk Engineering Consultant Role as opposed to a Sr. Risk Engineering Consultant Role.
Additional physical requirements and/or environmental conditions not mentioned above:
- Need to be able to work in a seated position up to 4-8 hours a day, ability to operate a motor vehicle, stand and walk to a significant degree. Stooping and bending are also required for this job.
- Lifting 20 lbs. maximum with some lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 lbs
- Ability to access building roofs and other elevated locations during Risk Engineering Surveys. Must be able to climb stairs and/or ladders.
- Ability to work in outside uncontrolled environmental conditions and ability to work safely in a wide variety of customer environments that may contain physical conditions such as: exposure to extreme heat or cold, chemicals, electrical current and moving mechanical parts.
**Depending on candidates experience we may hire at a different level**
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Job: Risk Mgmt Profs