The Hartford Long Term Disability Claim Representative – Paid Training – No Experience Required in LAKE MARY, Florida
Title: Long Term Disability Claim Representative – Paid Training – No Experience Required
Location: United States-Florida-Lake Mary
Job Number: 1603133
Want to help people? Then you belong here. We currently have an excellent opportunity available in Lake Mary, FL to join our Long Term Disability team! We need exceptional people to help our customers prepare, protect, and prevail.
Care. Compassion. Service. It’s what we do.
Interested? Ask us about our truly diverse and inclusive environment and tremendous community spirit. With 205 years of expertise, The Hartford (NYSE: HIG) is a leader in property and casualty insurance, group benefits and mutual funds. At The Hartford, you will receive competitive pay, paid training and career development opportunities.
What does a Claims job entail? As a Hartford Claims employee, you will:
Manage Claim Files
- Role is responsible for planning, recommending, executing the investigation and disposition of claims with intermediate medical, occupation and financial issues with expected return to work in the short run, consistent with corporate claim standards policies and procedures, and statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements.
Utilize Business Acumen and Technical Expertise
- Utilize verbal and numerical critical thinking skills to gather information, apply sound reasoning and draw appropriate conclusions; make sound decisions based upon mixture of analysis, experience and judgment with management oversight.
Provide Exceptional Customer Service
- Maintain dedication to meeting expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
Foster Teamwork and Inclusion
- Support and help create a team environment that achieves Group Benefit Claims Diversity and Inclusion initiatives.
What are we looking for?
- A passion for customer service
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate
- Desire to advance your career and continuously improve
- Willingness to learn, lead, be led, support others, have fun and work hard
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Behaviors at The Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
Pre-Employment Assessment: Once you’ve applied, a pre-employment assessment will be sent to you via email, assuming you haven’t previously taken one in the past 6 months. Be sure to check your e-mail regularly for any status updates. To avoid emails from The Hartford being directed into spam, add Careers@TheHartford.com to your contacts.
Training Requirements: As a condition of employment, you will be required to successfully complete a multi-week New Hire Training Course and, upon completion, obtain a passing score on the final course assessment. Continued employment with The Hartford is contingent upon you successfully passing the exam(s) within 30 business days from the completion of the New Hire Training.
The Hartford is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversity.
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE *
Job: Disability Claims