The Hartford Associate Claim Representative – Workers’ Compensation in LAKE MARY, Florida
Title: Associate Claim Representative – Workers’ Compensation
Location: United States-Florida-Lake Mary
Job Number: 1700855
Want to help people? Then you belong here. We need exceptional people to help our customers prepare, protect, and prevail. With 205 years of expertise, The Hartford (NYSE: HIG) is a leader in property and casualty insurance, group benefits and mutual funds. Here’s a quick overview:
- Auto – Help people who have been in an accident
- General Liability – Support business owners facing liability claims
- Property – Help customers coping with damage caused by leaks, fires or natural disasters
- Group Benefits – Assist employees coping with disability due to injury or illness
- Workers’ Compensation – Help injured employees return to work
- Strategic Claim Management – Manage asbestos and other toxic tort claims for insureds
- Latent Property Damage – Handle environmental and construction defect claims
We currently have an excellent opportunity available in Lake Mary, FL to join our Workers' Compensation team on Monday, June 5th! At The Hartford, you will receive competitive pay, paid training and career development opportunities. Interested? Ask us about our truly diverse and inclusive environment and tremendous community spirit.
What does a Claims job entail? As a Hartford Claims employee, you will:
Manage Claim Files
- Plan, recommend & reserve assigned claims in a manner consistent with corporate claim policies and procedures, and statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements
- Recognize claim exposure. Handle high volume of claims which include file set up, timely review of damages & issuance of indemnity payments
- Investigate mitigation opportunities on the file including recovery opportunities
- Manage file to timely resolution
- Accurately complete data screens
Utilize Business Acumen and Technical Expertise
- Demonstrate knowledge of LOB specific competencies to ensure effective management of claims
- Utilize verbal and numerical critical thinking skills to gather information and data; make sound decisions based upon the mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear succinct manner
- Ability to utilize computer technology to efficiently perform job functions.
Provide Exceptional Customer Service
- Maintain dedication to meeting expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, gaining trust and respect
- Negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups
- Demonstrate diplomacy and tact to effectively avoid or diffuse high tension situations
- Set aggressive and realistic expectations for responding and follow through on commitments
- Treat all customers with respect and careful attention
Foster Teamwork and Inclusion
- Support and help create a team environment that achieves Claim Business Group Diversity and Inclusion initiatives.
- Relate effectively to people inside and outside the organization, build appropriate rapport and build constructive and effective relationships
- Demonstrate courtesy, honesty, integrity, respect and competence when interacting with others both inside and outside the organization
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- A passion for customer service
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate
- Desire to advance your career and continuously improve
- Willingness to learn, lead, be led, support others, have fun and work hard
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Behaviors at The Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At The Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401-K Plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan and more.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
Associate Claim Representatives work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment and are responsible for providing exceptional service to policyholders in response to a notice of loss.
Pre-Employment Assessment: Once you’ve applied, a pre-employment assessment will be sent to you via email, assuming you haven’t previously taken one in the past 6 months. Be sure to check your e-mail regularly for any status updates. To avoid emails from The Hartford being directed into spam, add Careers@TheHartford.com to your contacts.
Training Requirements: As a condition of employment, you will be required to successfully complete a multi-week New Hire Training Course and, upon completion, obtain a passing score on the final course assessment. Continued employment with The Hartford is contingent upon you successfully passing the exam(s) within 30 business days from the completion of the New Hire Training.
Licensing Requirements: As a condition of your employment, you must obtain and maintain a State Adjuster's License to process Property & Casualty Insurance Claims in the states supported by your office. Continued employment with The Hartford is contingent upon the successful passage of the Licensing exam(s) within 30 business days from the completion of the licensing training.
The Hartford is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversity.
Job: P&C Claim Misc Supt Roles