The Hartford Claim Representative – Auto Bodily Injury in INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana
Title: Claim Representative – Auto Bodily Injury
Location: United States-Indiana-Indianapolis
Job Number: 1700221
We are currently building a talent pipeline in Indianapolis, IN for qualified candidates interested in starting a career in Auto Bodily Injury.
WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION?
The Bodily Injury Claim Representative will provide outstanding claim service to our Policyholders according to The Hartford's standards. The successful ABI Representative will provide prompt policy holder contact, timely investigation of coverage, liability issues, determination of damages, and disposition of claims.
Essential Job Functions:
Policy Interpretation-Coverage analysis.br> br>
- Investigation of ABI claims to determine liability exposures and subrogation.
- Accurate reserve analysis for loss, to include excess exposure recognition.
- Handling of Injury exposures with attorneys as well as unrepresented parties.
- Effective handling for first and third party claims according to The Hartford claim standards.
- Proficient in a claim software platform and Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Successful handling of Property Damages to included: estimates, rental and total losses of vehicles.
- Subrogation recognition.
- Strong customer service and teamwork, answering claim calls in a prompt and professional manner, while backing up other team member calls. Taking ownership of all calls to resolution.
- Desire to work as a member of a High Performing Team!
- Good organizational and time management skills and practices
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills
- Analytical Thinking Capability
- Strong written and verbal communication
The Hartford's Claims Centers are fast paced organizations that will offer you the opportunity to join a team of dedicated Claims Professionals. We value exceptional customer service and superior claim handling, while providing our employees with the opportunity for growth and advancement.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent claims experience preferred.
- Minimum of 2 year’s experience adjusting personal lines.
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills with a focus on the customer.
- Strong time management, organization and attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills and accurate keyboarding.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- License(s) if required by state/jurisdiction.
- Ability to breakdown explanations of complex process and rules into manageable information.
- IIA, AIC, CPCU, SCLA preferred.
Behaviors at The Hartford
Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.br> br>
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
Applicant must be willing to work 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST. This position is in office in Indianapolis, IN.
As a condition of your employment, you must obtain and maintain a State Adjuster's License to process Property & Casualty Insurance Claims in the states supported by your office. Continued employment with The Hartford is contingent upon the successful passage of the Licensing exam(s) within 30 business days from the completion of the licensing training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Job: P&C Claim Misc Supt Roles