The Hartford Outside Claim Representatives in Illinois
Title: Outside Claim Representatives
Location: United States-Texas
Other Locations: United States-Illinois, United States-Colorado
Job Number: 1700577
Join The Hartford in helping people prepare, protect and prevail!br> br>
With over 200 years of expertise, The Hartford (NYSE: HIG) is a leader in property and casualty insurance, group benefits and mutual funds.br> br>
At The Hartford, keeping promises to our customers means hiring exceptional people. If you are looking for a career where you make a difference in people’s lives, helping them prevail in their time of need, then this is the role for YOU!br> br>
Outside Claim Representatives - Personal and Commercial Lines Property Catastrophe Team.br> br>
This position is a 100% remote opportunity, and will report directly to the Property Team Leader within the Aurora, IL Property Catastrophe Center. The purpose of the Outside Claim Representative position is to provide mobile, on-site service to policyholders in response to large personal lines property loss exposures. The Outside Claim Representative will provide a high level of service to include prompt contact, inspection of damages, investigation, scoping and estimating damages, and settlement of all facets and issuing payment of first party property claims.br> br>
As a team member you will:br> br>
- Provide technical/functional claim direction and expertise to our customers in response to weather-related events.
- Properly interpret the insurance contract and accurately apply the exposures of the loss to fulfill our contractual obligations to the policyholder.
- Properly investigate all exposures and/or perils to determine cause, scope, and cost of damage and/or determine liability and extent of damages.
- Perform on-site inspection and estimates of damages including losses > $50k.
- Conduct investigation to determine the extent of exposure for purposes of reserving and ultimate payment.
- Properly document all activity to support the outcome of the claim.
- Comply with all internal and external reporting requirements along with documentation supporting ongoing compliance to Company standards for timeliness of contact, follow-up, payments, etc.
- Have a solid understanding of State(s) Unfair Claim Practice Act. Promptly establish action plans to mitigate damages and negotiate claim resolutions in order to achieve fast, fair, cost effective and efficient delivery of claim outcomes.
- Possess a high level of understanding of residential construction and estimating.
- Engage and use external resources to control loss outcome and allocated expenses.
- Possess strong investigative skills in order to develop subrogation recovery as well as optimize salvage opportunities. Possess high degree of awareness of fraud indicators and ability to communicate findings in order to coordinate on-going investigation with CIT and SIU.
- Possess the ability to guide the policyholder through the claim process by utilizing effective oral and written communication.
- Create and maintain a high level of policyholder satisfaction and delivery of the Hartford Experience.
- Possess ability to succinctly and timely report on assigned losses in compliance with Company standards.
- Practice inclusive behaviors and help to create diverse work environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment to bring about the development of expertise in others, e.g. complex claim resolution/coordination with Litigation, CIT/SIU and HO Functional. Use technology and other resources to achieve greater efficiency and better results. Perform other related job duties as directed or needed, such as providing on-call duty and immediate response and service in emergency and catastrophe situations.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated high level of performance in current or past roles
- Must have a minimum of 3year experience adjusting property claims in the field, as well as experience using Xactimate estimate software
- Must be able to travel overnight for Catastrophe duty to various states, as directed by Catastrophe Center.
- Must be able to work Catastrophe deployment:
- CAT deployment is 21 consecutive days of local or out of state/overnight travel, depending on event, must be willing to work extended hours (MAY INCLUDE HOLIDAYS) then off five consecutive days, and sixth day assigned new deployment or local property claims.
- Auto driver’s license and safe driving record required
- Computer literate
- Possess solid math skills
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Physical Requirements – Heavy lifting, climbing stairs and ladders (includes walking on roofs), maneuvering in tight spaces; driving in auto for long distances
- License(s) if required by state/jurisdiction or willing to get license(s)
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?br> br>
We will consider all qualified candidates however we’re particularly interested in candidates residing in (or willing to reside in) the following locations:br> br>
- Texas – any metro area
- Colorado – Denver or Colorado Springs
- Illinois – any metro area including St. Louis, MO
This position reports in to the Personal and Commercial Lines Property CAT Team located in our claims office in Aurora, Illinois. The Senior Claim Rep role is 100% remote from your home, with a company car (Hartford Logo on car) and equipment needed to perform the duties of the role.br> br>
The Hartford's Property and Casualty Claims Division is a fast paced organization that will offer you the opportunity to join a team of dedicated claim professionals. We value exceptional customer service and superior claim handling.br> br>
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Job: P&C Claim Misc Supt Roles