The Hartford Web Analytics Tagging Engineer in HARTFORD, Connecticut
Title: Web Analytics Tagging Engineer
Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Number: 1700312
WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS POSITION?br> br>
As an integral part of The Hartford’s Digital Analytics team, the successful candidate will primarily work with a team to manage tagging and data governance for 75 sites and secondarily support our industry-leading web-analytics platform. This platform is used to integrate various data sources (web traffic, marketing/campaign data, email information and transactional data) to provide key business insights to propel our business forward. As a key member of the Digital Analytics technical team, you will utilize your technical knowledge and analytical mindset to provide tagging and web-analytics tools support for all internal and external facing websites of The Hartford.br> br>
As a key stakeholder in the digital analytics arena, your day-to-day responsibilities will include assisting with the development and design of tagging structures for digital assets with the appropriate granularity and with minimal system performance impacts. This includes assisting with the installation, configuration, administration, monitoring and maintenance, data governance and PII rigor of the tags in a tag management platform in coordination with outside vendors to further cement The Hartford’s position as a leading data-driven organization.br> br>
This person will also work as an integral part of the team to understand the needs of the business as a whole, its strategic direction and to identify initiatives that will allow the business to meet those goals. This involves driving the digital analytic tag development process, supporting Google Analytics, determining priorities, expanding the tagging structure and managing impacts to the analyst reporting.br> br>
Additional Responsibilities Include:br> br>
- Platform Support and Implementation: Must be able to work as part of a team to support, document, maintain and extend the functionality of The Hartford’s digital analytics tagging infrastructure/environment. (using Tealium)
- Vendor Management: The candidate will coordinate with multiple outside vendors across a variety of functions, such as:
- Hosting Vendors: System availability and performance, problem resolution, and data quality
- Support Vendors: Working with a 3rd party vendor to expand tagging functionality and analytics deliverables to meet the growing needs of The Hartford’s business community
- Tag Validation and Google Web Analytics Tool: Ability to identify data quality issues, sensitive data integrity, navigate multiple data sources, and work to resolve data quality issues. Ability to create dimensions, metrics on Web Analytics Tools (Adobe Insight and Google Analytics Premium) to support reporting requirements for the Enterprise.
- Work with Digital Analytic team: Must be able to work across teams to take business requirements and effectively translate them into technical and functional deliverables.
- Work with digital asset development teams: To ensure that all tagging specs/code are properly implemented and any new technologies being deployed are understood to ensure the integrity of the tag data being collected. This extends from the requirements gathering sessions to tag maintenance in production across the enterprise.
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?br> br>
- Proficient in tagging websites and mobile applications using responsive design, bootstrap, cordova, ionic, Angular frameworks and integrating with Tealium
- Proficient in tag testing and using emulators/mobile devices for mobile Apps
- Proficient in manipulating properties, methods and attributes of document objects via the DOM
- Proficient in managing tags in a tag management system (Tealium)
- Familiarity with scripting for web analytics tool; Adobe Insight, Google Analytics
- Familiarity in writing SQL, stored procedures, and analysis of normalizing data structures
- Knowledge of creating interactive applications with fundamental AJAX elements and procedures
- Strategic Thinking/Agility: Good understanding of the technical data challenges, needs, and expectations of a wide range of customers across multiple business segments.
- Strong business analyst skills; conducting feasibility analysis, requirements gathering, solution implementation
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact within all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience) is required
What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward our workforce?br> br>
- Data Analysis- Input, understand, analyze and act on data
- Business Owner Mindset- Operate with keen business knowledge, expense, risk & controls driven mindset
- Communication- Influence through a consultative approach
- Customer Driven- Focus on “Harvest” – (our enterprise continuous improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient local decision making for continuous improvement
- Growth & Development- Maximize development of self and others
What Else Can You Tell Me?br> br>
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certificationsbr> br>
Behaviors at the Hartfordbr> br>
- Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expressionbr> br>
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE *br> br>
Job: Digital Marketing