The Hartford Sr. Visual Design Specialist, Internal Communications in HARTFORD, Connecticut
Title: Sr. Visual Design Specialist, Internal Communications
Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Number: 1700035
The Visual Design Specialist will be responsible for producing compelling and informative visual content that supports The Hartford’s enterprise internal communication strategy for channels that include email, iConnect/intranet, presentations, digital signage, infographics, videos and manager discussion aides. This individual will bring the company’s strategic messaging platform to life with engaging visuals that deliver on audience preferences for timeliness, relevance, ease of understanding and alignment with enterprise messaging strategy.br> br>
Responsibilities Include:br> br>
- Research and maintenance of archive images from external sources (i.e., ThinkStock)
- Collaboration with colleagues from within Internal Communications and partners/subject matter experts from across the company to develop creative approaches for enterprise campaigns and initiatives.
- Continuously refine approach and improve content quality in response to audience feedback and research.
- Apply functional standards and practices, including corporate brand/visual identity standards, to work product.
Portfolio of work that demonstrates track record of creatively translating campaign themes, complex information and key messages into compelling visuals that reflect corporate brand standards and audience preferences across a variety of channels, including presentations, infographics, and signagebr> br>
Expert-level proficiency in PowerPoint, SharePoint, Photoshop and other design applicationsbr> br>
Photographic skills and experience, including selection, use and archiving of stock imagesbr> br>
Proven experience in cataloguing/archiving visual contentbr> br>
Highly organized with a commitment to quality, accuracy and driving results with exceptional attention to detailbr> br>
Results- and solutions-oriented; motivated to achieve high standards and strive for continuous improvementbr> br>
Team player - easily collaborates with others to deliver resultsbr> br>
Ability to operate independently in a fast-paced, professional environment under tight deadlinesbr> br>
Sound judgment and problem-solving skills; ability to identify solutionsbr> br>
Demonstrated dedication and responsivenessbr> br>
Ability to articulate and present ideas and recommendations with confidencebr> br>
Flexible – can easily adapt to changebr> br>
Education: Four-year degree required, graphic arts/design, visual arts, advertising or related major preferredbr> br>
Knowledge/experience: 5-7 years of experience in agency or corporate marketing/communications functionbr> br>
Behaviors at the Hartfordbr> br>
- Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
WHY JOIN THE HARTFORD?br> br>
Visit our website to learn about The Hartford’s recognition. Information about the company and its product offerings is available at www.thehartford.com.br> br>
Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheHartford.br> br>
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TheHartford.br> br>
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?br> br>
At The Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan and more.br> br>
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?br> br>
The Hartford is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law.br> br>
The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversitybr> br>
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE *br> br>