The Hartford Sr. Front-End Developer in HARTFORD, Connecticut
Title: Sr. Front-End Developer
Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Number: 1700968
WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS POSITION?br> br>
Enterprise Application and Digital Services is seeking a Sr. Front-End Developer. This technical leadership position drives the collaboration, creation and sharing of enterprise standards, practices and reusable assets for modern MVC & front-end web applications across the broader development community at The Hartford and will govern adherence to those standards and practices. The successful candidate will have a strategic role in the delivery of our web technology strategy and solutions and will shape how The Hartford’s developer community continuously evolves our front-end best practices. The candidate will need to develop working relationships with peers in the technology and business organizations in order to effectively develop sustainable operating model for the enterprise.br> br>
Based in Hartford, and reporting to the Director of Enterprise Web Services, the individual will join a team of front-end web development specialists/architects and technology leads responsible for guiding and partnering with web application development areas in the delivery of enterprise-wide web and mobile solutions.br> br>
The success of The Hartford’s enterprise front-end development strategic agenda is highly reliant on the collaboration, sharing of best practices and reuse of tools, practices to gain speed, efficiency and proficiency needed to rapidly deliver capabilities to our employees, customers and business partners. This role will require extensive partnership with segment leadership and highly matrixed cross-functional teams.br> br>
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:br> br>
Service delivery:br> br>
- Establish and facilitate use of a toolkit of front-end development, support, deployment, optimization, and testing tools enabling performance and feature/functionality gains.
- Develop and maintain a library of reusable code, code development support, and standards for knowledge sharing across a developer community.
- Socialize front-end application development methodology and related Best Practices to business segments and partners.
- Operate a continuous improvement service delivery model to increase efficiencies for delivery.
- Establish success criteria with financial, project management and key performance indicators for the front-end community of practice.
- Coordinate with development leads, platform support teams, and front-end & mobile QA/Testing groups across lines of business to enable scalability, performance, best-in-class solutions, and successful outcomes.
- Enable and validate security and privacy measures in conjunction with appropriate stakeholders.
- Coordinates activities across supporting organizations for delivery, maintenance, QOS/SLA compliance and production support.
Governance & Standardsbr> br>
- Responsibly provide guidance and manage alignment to development standards across:
- Application development frameworks & technologies
- Enterprise-Wide Web Accessibility Initiatives
- New front-end application implementations, technologies & usage
- Demonstrated ability to design new processes, policies and procedures for a Service Delivery Model.
- Monitor the environment and address adherence to standards.
- Enable leadership through understanding and application of choices and enterprise level strategic and tactical level perspectives around front-end development.
Vendor management:br> br>
- Develop standards and drive application development decisions around build/buy/partner options for front-end application technologies.
- Engage in leading, assessing or recommending broader scope front-end framework selection options across lines of business and enterprise initiatives.
- Partner with stakeholders across business and IT to develop and execute effective vendor evaluations and where necessary, on-site proofs of concepts and “bake-offs”.
- Build relationships with external entities, vendors, research firms, and front-end industry experts to maintain current market understanding in this space.
Stakeholder engagement:br> br>
- Interact heavily with stakeholders. Focus on educating stakeholders on the value of the team’s capabilities, expertise, knowledgebase and delivery capability to solve specific problems.
- Own the knowledge transfer process for front-end technologies across internal developer communities
- Work to understand business and help stakeholders to understand ways to leverage existing web solutions to improve cost and speed to market.
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?br> br>
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
Overall Knowledge:br> br>
- Strong foundational knowledge of mobile and internet technologies, development practices, InnerSource Methodologies, and competence in a former Senior Developer/Technical Lead role
- 8 years Information Technology experience
- 5 years collaborative solutions experience
- Excellent communication skills, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff
- Ability to organize and synthesize information provided by stakeholders to outline potential options and solutions to development problems/issues
- Familiarity with MVP and iterative design and development methodology, with experience in application development.
- Ability to produce documentation that supports the effective delivery of technology that meets specific business needs
- Ability to structure and drive working and informational sessions that promote collaboration, achieve synergy, and achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to clearly give and receive information (facts, ideas, perspectives) through verbal and written methods
- Ability to effectively interface with others and develop healthy, productive work interactions
- Ability to function comfortably in a matrix, cross-functional, and highly diversified workforce.
What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward our workforce?br> br>
- Data Analysis- Input, understand, analyze and act on data
- Business Owner Mindset- Operate with keen business knowledge, expense, risk & controls driven mindset
- Communication- Influence through a consultative approach
- Customer Driven- Focus on “Harvest” – (our enterprise continuous improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient local decision making for continuous improvement
- Growth & Development- Maximize development of self and others
What Else Can You Tell Me?br> br>
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certificationsbr> br>
Behaviors at the Hartfordbr> br>
- Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Agebr> br>
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE *br> br>
Job: Application Development