The Hartford Sr Data Scientist in HARTFORD, Connecticut
Title: Sr Data Scientist
Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Other Locations: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Number: 1701912
The Data Scientist will develop predictive models for commerciallines data science. The primaryresponsibility will be supporting the Specialty Commercial strategicpriorities. The analytics will provide insight into our Specialty Commercialbusinesses (Surety Bond, Hartford Financial Products, and National Accounts etc.).The position requires workingclosely with business stakeholders including underwriting, actuary, claims, andIT departments in order to determine relevant data sources and key variables toevaluate.
·Search for new variables and approaches that improve the pricingsegmentation and underwriting guidance.
·Enhance the predictive power of existing models, ensuring quality,accuracy, and integration with the operation of the business.
·Communicate changes, impacts, and next steps while anticipatingintuitive questions.
Experience & Skills
- 2 years’ experience in predictive modeling is required, education in actuarial science, mathematics or statistics preferred
- Some education or working experience in Finance is desired
- Exposure to P&C insurance Software: Knowledge in predictive modeling software, such as R or Python is required; other modeling software also beneficial
- Experience with GLMs, machine learning, clustering and decision trees preferred
- The position is best suited for an independent thinker who is comfortable collaborating with others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially with respect to explaining technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Exceptional analytic and critical thinking skills, with thorough attention to detail
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal OpportunityEmployer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/GenderIdentity or Expression
Job: Data Science