The Hartford Sr Consultant Business Data Analysis in HARTFORD, Connecticut
Title: Sr Consultant Business Data Analysis
Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Number: 1700966
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING
Minimum 5 years of experience with the insurance
business and automated applications. Specific knowledge of Actuarial functions,
including pricing, risk analysis, ratemaking, profitability, and reserving is a
Working knowledge of Excel and SQL coding. Knowledge
of Mainframe, Cobol, Eztrev or SAS is a plus.
Self-starter capable of working with minimal
Results oriented, with the initiative to take
ownership of resolving problems.
Strong organization, analytical and critical
thinking skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple
responsibilities and deadlines.
Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal
College Degree or comparable work
WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION?
Our team’s purpose is to enable Actuarial to best support our business partners. We are tasked to optimize the automation of Actuarial functions including: pricing, risk analysis, ratemaking, profitability and reserving. Candidate will work directly with our Actuarial customers, other business analysts, and developers on various projects. Some of our projects involve rewriting existing legacy mainframe applications to more maintainable Oracle applications. Improvement to these processes and the quality of data will be part of new designs. Other assignments will involve analysis to identify redundant legacy processes, finding newer better data sources which will allow retirement of the legacy applications.
Specific roles and responsibilities include:
- Analyze existing process functionality and:
- For development projects, create business and functional specifications for developers. Communicate with developers to clarify specifications.
- For redundancy elimination tasks, seek out similar processes across the enterprise and perform gap analysis.
- Communicate with customers to identify needs, gaining acceptance and sign-off. Address and resolve issues or roadblocks which may cause delays. Set up and run meetings to achieve this.
- Follow and help maintain project plans to ensure we meet deadlines.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Job: GA-Business Data Analysis