The Hartford Spec Op Infrastructure NE in HARTFORD, Connecticut
Title: Spec Op Infrastructure NE
Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Number: 1701390
Monitor the Hartford IT global infrastructure. Utilize proactive monitoring solutions to identify trends and proactively avert critical incidents. Work with vendors including AT&T, Verizon, Dimension Data, XO Communications and Carousel. Resolve network related problems. Must have a solid understanding of WAN, LAN, WLAN, MAN and Remote Access technologies. The ideal candidate must have a passion for technology. Outstanding customer service skills required. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must multitask successfully. Must be willing to change shifts to cover for team members. This is a full time position overnights at the Hartford, Connecticut North Plaza Building.
• Monitor the network utilizing the EMC SMARTS, EUEM, and BPPM platforms.
• Provide level 2 troubleshooting and support for the Juniper switch infrastructure.
• Provide level 2 troubleshooting and support for the Cisco WAN infrastructure.
• Provide level 2 troubleshooting and support for the Juniper remote worker infrastructure.
• Solid communication and technical skills working with vendors including AT&T and Verizon and vendor partners including IBM, EXL and Cognizant on problems and changes through to resolution.
• Implement DNS and F5 changes.
• Assist with network configuration in support of major projects.
• Assist with moves, adds and changes.
• Be flexible in learning and using network performance tools including Riverbed’s ARX platform.
• Knowledge of BMC BPPM, BMC EUEM a plus.
• Experience with port aggregation boxes such as Apcon a plus.
• Experience with sniffer technology such as WireShark and reading and understanding sniffer traces a plus.
• Cisco and Juniper Certification a plus.
• Communicate network related outages and take part in crisis meetings via conference calls.
• Outstanding customer service skills. Feel comfortable working with customers on the phone or face to face.
• Cross team communication essential.
• Professional communication skills are critical in this position.
• Willingness to learn new skills.
• Knowledge of LAN, WAN, MAN, WLAN and Remote Worker concepts and technologies.
• Two years of troubleshooting experience with LAN, WAN, MAN, and WLAN technologies and associated infrastructure components.
• Juniper LAN and Remote Worker experience and Cisco WAN experience.
• Large enterprise/corporate experience.
• Strong customer service skills.
Job: Ops Infrastructure Sup