The Hartford Senior IT Engineer in HARTFORD, Connecticut
Title: Senior IT Engineer
Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Number: 1701655
WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS POSITION?Senior IT Engineer will work on the End User Services (EUS) engineering team, reporting to the Director of EUS Engineering and Operations. The EUS team is part of the Chief Technology Office and is responsible for the development, implementation and support of the enterprise’s client devices (laptops, desktops, virtual machines and mobile devices) and associated software, hardware and infrastructure. The End User Services team maintains over 26,000 endpoints and a large collaboration toolset across multiple vendors. The EUS team operates in a collaborative, fast paced, dynamic environment and has adopted an Agile and DevOps mindset.+ Automation and Artificial Intelligence resource at the Engineer level will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing automation capabilities in the End User compute environment. + Partner with customers to understand business challenges and recommend automation and AI solutions to drive efficiently, increase accuracy and facilitate self-help capabilities. + Leverage cloud capabilities in developing and implementing end to end solutions. + Understand and apply industry best practices. + Develop and Implement complex production support activities leveraging automation. + Implement solutions based on established reference architecture. + Perform security audits, and implement changes to resolve concerns. + Analyze hardware capacity trends, and implement changes to ensure efficient consumption. + Oversee the evaluation and implementation of new product features to tailor solutions for the client devices, hybrid and hosted cloud environments.
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least eight, typically ten or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT.+ Working knowledge of Cognitive tools like Microsoft Bot Framework & Cognitive Services, IBM Watson and Amazon Alexa.+ Prior delivery experience with Robotic Process Automation.+ Understanding of Machine Learning techniques & industry applications.+ Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.+ Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.+ Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.+ Excellent leadership and management skills+ Requires at least five plus years of experience with implementations, upgrades, conversions and consolidation projects within the client space.+ Requires strong analytical ability, judgment and problem analysis techniques, in-depth knowledge of the business unit's functions and applications, and a broad knowledge of systems and technology alternatives.+ Requires excellent communication skills, and the ability to work independently and effectively with clients and IT managers.What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward our workforce?+ Data Analysis-Input, understand, analyze and act on data
- Business Owner Mindset-Operate with keen business knowledge, expense, risk & controls driven mindset
- Communication-Influence through a consultative approach
- Customer Driven-Focus on “Harvest” – (our enterprise continuous improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient local decision making for continuous improvement
- Growth & Development-Maximize development of self and othersWhat Else Can You Tell Me?The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certificationsBehaviors at the Hartford+ Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **Job: Engineering