The Hartford Senior Analyst IT Business Analysis in HARTFORD, Connecticut
Title: Senior Analyst IT Business Analysis
Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Other Locations: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Job Number: 1701382
Our Operations and Technology organization has Business Analyst opportunities in their Middle Market/Specialty Commercial Technology team to help drive strategic investment projects supporting our Large Commercial and Middle Market business segments. Specialty Commercial /Middle Market Technology manages applications that allow agents to quote business, underwriters to select appropriate risk and policy issuance for new business and renewal commercial businesses. Some of the applications supported include;
National Accounts Presale applications
National Accounts Post Sale applications
National Accounts RMIS applications
Consolidated Underwriting Environment
The Business Analyst positions will provide current state analysis, elicit business enhancement needs, document specification changes to the applications and create integration mappings between systems. In addition, they assist with driving strategic decisions and providing leadership/mentoring to other BA’s, support the business in evaluating options, support the development team in understanding the changes needed and support QA with creating test materials and defect resolution.
The ideal candidate will lead and/or participate in the entire Software Development Lifecycle process specific to Commercial Technology applications. Candidate should have proven proficiency with:
Requirements planning and monitoring including estimating and providing project tasks and milestones
Experience with Agile Methodology and practical experience with its application
Requirements elicitation and meeting facilitation
Requirements analysis , documentation, and management
Mapping and integration of data between systems
Support of solution design and build process
Support of all levels of testing (assembly, system integration and business acceptance)
Additional Responsibilities include;
Change Management activities supporting key Business and IT Stakeholders
Developing and enhancing relationships with business and partners
Test script automation and automated test script development
Knowledge of SQL a plus
Effective communications with project teammates and stakeholders using timely and accurate information through written and oral communication or formal presentations
Identifying and recommending best practices and continuous improvement ideas related to the BA practice
Issue escalation and risk assessment
Sound understanding and application of Change Control processes to manage project scope to project budget.
Recommending and supporting best practices for the Business Engineering domain (e.g. requirements approach and other requirements management processes)
Provide consulting input and review of artifacts for Testing Phases, per the Test Approach of the project
Experience in the following is a plus;
Commercial Lines applications and services
Underwriting practices and tools
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, with an advanced degree preferred, and at least three years of solid, diverse work experience in IT, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Experience in a business analyst role, following the Software Development Lifecycle with demonstrated proficiency at requirements planning and monitoring, requirements elicitation, requirements documentation, and providing support from solution design, test phases, implementation through to post-implementation.
Self-motivated and results-oriented with the ability to work in a team environment and independently.
Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Experience with developing estimates and prioritizing deliverables.
Strong written and oral communication skill with the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audience. Experienced facilitator with strong presentation skills.
Strong interpersonal/conflict resolutions skills (e.g. collaboration, influencing).
Understanding of current and emerging IT products, services, processes and methodologies.
Lead the end-to-end project execution (people, process and technology, initiation to closing) of the Specialty Commercial Portfolio initiatives, driving effective, timely implementation to deliver expected results.
· Drive day-to-day execution and ensure benefits occur; deliver on-time, on-budget with high quality
· Define scope, approach, resources and deliverables in collaboration with Business Partners.
· Develop holistic project plans and timelines, including business and IT deliverables (people, process and technology).
· Manage expectations and eliminate obstacles to project progress
· Manage actuals to forecast; analyze variances/provide financial transparency; proactively anticipate and communicate variances to stakeholders
· Provide clear and timely communication; documents and communicates roles and responsibilities
· Ensure ownership of deliverables identified in the integrated project plan across business, technology, and change management areas
· Articulate alignment of project performance criteria with prioritized business requirements.
· Proactively manage risks through risk analysis and mitigation strategy, effective issue management and resolution across multiple organizations.
· Report out to senior management and portfolio/program leadership on a regular basis.
· Must be able to work on multiple tasks with shifting priorities.
What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward our workforce?
· Data Analysis- Input, understand, analyze and act on data
· Business Owner Mindset- Operate with keen business knowledge,
expense, risk & controls driven mindset
· Communication- Influence through a consultative approach
· Customer Driven- Focus on “Harvest” – (our enterprise continuous
improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient local
decision making for continuous improvement
· Growth & Development- Maximize development of self and others
What Else Can You Tell Me?
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certifications
Behaviors at the Hartford
Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that
serves our shareholders and customers.
Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with
Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high
standards and continuously improve.
THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED AS A Tier 7 or Tier 8, dependent on experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE *
Job: IT Business Analysis