The Hartford Senior Administrative Assistant - Middle Market in HARTFORD, Connecticut
Title: Senior Administrative Assistant - Middle Market
Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Number: 1603004
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a team in a complex and fast-paced organization. This position supports the Chief Underwriting Officer and Head of Product, in addition to their teams, in the Middle Market organization. This individual will also be the primary back up resource to the EVP’s administrative assistant.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Ability to interact with individuals (at all levels), sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
- Capable of communicating effectively with employees at all levels, including senior executives as well as external constituents including agents and customers of The Hartford.
- Effectively manage calendar of appointments by scheduling requests for travel ( inclusive of International)and meetings as appropriate; determine appropriate prioritization and decision-making skills to resolve potential schedule conflicts.
- Exceptional customer service skills and proven ability to form networks of individual relationships spanning multiple business units across the corporation.
- Management department SharePoint site which includes granting and maintaining access, researching and posting articles from internet relating to model risk, managing and posting other documents, and tracking metrics on visits to site.
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION?
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated record of accomplishment as a senior Administrative Assistant, preferably with a minimum of 5 years of experience supporting at the Executive level. Bachelors or Associates degree is preferred. In addition, the following competencies and experience are required:
- A team player with excellent customer service skills, verbal and written communication skills, and mastery in planning and organization.
- High proficiency in full Microsoft Office suite (including PowerPoint and Excel), SharePoint and e-mail software.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings.
- Individual must possess a high level of initiative and be a self-starter, self-directed, highly motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work on multiple assignments simultaneously, prioritizing as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability and success in an environment with changing priorities.
- Proofreading and grammar skills are important.
- Strong technical skills; understanding of data sources and ability to use systems to acquire the necessary data.
- Strong problem solving skills; ability to analyze data and information to understand root cause analysis and solutions.
- Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Job: Administrative Assistants