The Hartford Payroll Partner Manager, Small Commercial in HARTFORD, Connecticut
Title: Payroll Partner Manager, Small Commercial
Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Number: 1700848
Payroll Partner Management is one of The Hartford's most innovative and fastest growing businesses. Based around a series of integrated partnerships with the world's leading Payroll Processing companies and software providers. Payroll Partner Management primarily writes Workers' Compensation insurance for small business owners and collects premium in real time as they run payroll.br> br>
This highly visible role to the HIG SLT, reports directly to the Director of Partner Management for the Organization and will be responsible for managing two of our largest and most complex partners, Paychex and AP Intego. The Partner Manager is responsible for profitably growing these relationships while increasing WC penetration of existing payroll clients and recruiting new payroll partners.br> br>
- Supports partners throughout the sales process in all sales–oriented activities, including marketing, advertising, sales promotions and training to achieve revenue targets.
- Utilizing The Hartford's disciplined sales process, the Partner Manager understands how to apply fundamentals of consultative model to achieve key financial targets and profit metrics.
- Has high authority/opportunity to set and negotiate sales incentives and compensation terms
- Locates, evaluates and recruits new payroll partners and new distribution models.
Partner Management, Planning and Engagementbr> br>
- Plans own territory or account approach
- Partner Manager will be responsible for developing and executing strategic sales initiatives to profitably grow relationship while increasing penetration across the Paychex and AP Intego client base.
- Sales plans need to align with Partner Manager sales growth, retention and profit objectives.
- Results need to be monitored, communicated and actions implemented collaboratively across the PSU effectiveness model.
- Understand the complexities within each payroll operating model and effectively engages leaders at both the senior and front line level.
- Responsible for developing discussion decks and confidently leading external quarterly reviews with Paychex and AP Intego senior leaders.
- Responsible for leading internal operating reviews with HIG SLT for assigned partners.
Territory Managementbr> br>
- Has a deep understanding of business, financials, products/services and payroll market. Understands the needs and challenges of payroll partners and recognized as an expert in one or more areas.
- Partner Manager will develop a thorough understanding of their assigned territory including the development of sales campaigns that motivate the right behaviors of our partners.
- Responsible for understanding and utilizing all of the tools available to increase client penetration rates. Sales plans will be monitored and revised according to market changes and opportunity.
- Responsible for behavioral outcomes and driving operational excellence.
- Models and lives into Hartford Values
- Actively promotes and builds partner engagement through training and education.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years of demonstrated experience in sales, insurance, payroll and/or financial services industry as well as business environments managing and developing customer relationships
- Strong Sales Acumen along with a proven track record of success in managing large/complex relationships.
- Excellent Verbal, Written and Presentation capabilities
- Strong executive presence when dealing with C-Suite Executives
- Exceptional operating routines, organizational skills and sales execution
- Strong negotiation skills, capable of holding partners accountable for results
- Manages time and relationships effectively, self-motivated and highly productive
- Speaks clearly and concisely focusing the message to the needs of the recipient(s) ensuring understanding
- Willingness to travel (minimally to Rochester, NY) a minimum of 30% each month
- This position does not require individual to live in CT and can be managed remote.
Job: Sales Management