The Hartford MAXUMArchitect/Engineers E&O, Lead Underwriter Hartford, CT in HARTFORD, Connecticut
Title: MAXUMArchitect/Engineers E&O, Lead Underwriter Hartford, CT
Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Number: 1603123
The Architects & Engineers Senior Lead Product Specialist will be tasked with growing the A&E line of business at Maxum by building upon an already existing A&E book. This person will play a hands-on role in developing and driving the go-forward strategy for A&E at Maxum, and may also be involved in underwriting other lines of E&O business within Maxum’s appetite for Professional Liability.
• Manage underwriting guidelines, rating plans, growth strategy and new/renewal business metrics for the A&E line of business.
• Manage assigned wholesale relationships to achieve gross written premium, profitability, rate, retention and new business production goals.
• Keep current on state issues, territory issues, regulations and trends.
• Review submissions to determine acceptability of risk in accordance with underwriting guidelines and Professional Liability risk appetite.
• Prioritize and manage inventory of new business opportunities, renewal business, and in-force policy endorsement and service requests.
• Understand pricing components and rating methodology to price business based on risk characteristics, competitive analysis and profit potential.
• Demonstrate technical underwriting skills and salesmanship through strategic account review and wholesaler management.
• Communicate underwriting decisions and risk appetite to the wholesale community.
• Follow Professional Liability Department specific production plans, monitor performance, and suggest adjustments to plan to ensure profitable growth.
• Minimum 5 years of Architects & Engineers underwriting experience required.
• 10 years’ experience underwriting Errors & Omissions business preferred, including: A&E, Real Estate, Title Agents, Miscellaneous Professional, Allied Medical, Insurance Agents/Brokers, Lawyers Professional or other.
• Proficient in risk selection and pricing to achieve an underwriting profit.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to effectively build and strengthen professional relationships.
• Knowledge of rates, rules, and forms for assigned product line.
• Competent in use of technology as a tool to help improve underwriting efficiencies.
• Ability to function in a highly collaborative, team environment.
• Four year college degree preferred. Business degree and industry designations (ex. RPLU) a plus.
• Willingness to travel for broker and client meetings.
Behaviors at the Hartford
• Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
• Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
• Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
• Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Job: Small Commercial