The Hartford MAXUM Professional Liability, E&O, Underwriter in HARTFORD, Connecticut
Title: MAXUM Professional Liability, E&O, Underwriter
Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Number: 1603126
The Errors & Omissions Underwriter will be tasked with growing the Professional Liability Department at Maxum by building upon an already existing Errors & Omissions (E&O) book of business. This person will be involved in underwriting all lines of E&O business currently part of Maxum’s Professional Liability appetite.
• Manage assigned wholesale relationships to achieve gross written premium, profitability, rate, retention and new business production goals.
• Review submissions to determine acceptability of risk in accordance with underwriting guidelines and Professional Liability risk appetite.
• Prioritize and manage inventory of new business opportunities, renewal business, and in-force policy endorsement and service requests.
• Understand pricing components and rating methodology to price business based on risk characteristics, competitive analysis and profit potential.
• Demonstrate technical underwriting skills and salesmanship through strategic account review and wholesaler management.
• Communicate underwriting decisions and risk appetite to the wholesale community.
• Follow Professional Liability Department specific production plans, monitor performance, and suggest adjustments to plan to ensure profitable growth.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience underwriting Errors & Omissions business.
• Preferred lines of business include any of the following: Allied Health, Real Estate, Title Agents, Miscellaneous Professional Liability, A&E, Insurance Agents/Brokers, Insurance Companies, Lawyers Professional or other.
• Proficient in risk selection and pricing to achieve an underwriting profit.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to effectively build and strengthen professional relationships.
• Knowledge of rates, rules, and forms for assigned product line.
• Competent in use of technology as a tool to help improve underwriting efficiencies.
• Ability to function in a highly collaborative, team environment.
• Four year college degree preferred. Business degree and industry designations (ex. RPLU) a plus.
• Willingness to travel for broker and client meetings.
Behaviors at the Hartford
• Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
• Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
• Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
• Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Job: Small Commercial