The Hartford Life Analyst in HARTFORD, Connecticut
Title: Life Analyst
Location: United States
Other Locations: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Number: 1701703
Looking for a job where you can apply your talents to meaningful work? Do you like being surrounded and supported by people with a passion like yours? Want to work for a company on a mission to help individuals and businesses prevail? You’ve come to the right place.We are looking for Life Analysts to join our team supporting our employer, association and group reinsurance customers.
Life Analysts…+ Investigate, compile, and analyzes data to make claim settlement determinations on death claims. + Communicate with home office staff, field personnel, customers and client representatives to provide background, status, reasoning and disposition of cases assigned. + Are responsible for adjudicating Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment (and various other benefits) claims for The Hartford, as well as providing superior service. + Handle phone calls from our insured's, beneficiaries, Third-Party Administrators, as well as responding to internal inquiries with internal customers (account managers, underwriters, sales, etc.). + Work in a fast paced, customer orientated environment such that time management skills and the ability to prioritize are essential.
- The position requires sound expertise, familiarity with Claims and Claims terminology, as well as interpreting contract language and determining eligibility requirements.
- The individual must have excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- The individual must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills and a positive 'can do' attitude.
- Must possess the ability to communicate complex information and demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a team player.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in order to meet stringent turnaround times/deadlines.
- Support and assist in building a high performing team with diverse characteristics, where individual differences are valued.
- Build appropriate rapport and constructive and effective relationships with people inside and outside the organization. Represent The Hartford as a credible, trustworthy, flexible and dependable resource. Consistently act with the highest level of integrity and adhere to general principles of business ethics. Demonstrate courtesy, honesty, integrity, respect and competence when interacting with others.
- Degree Preferred
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?+ This position may be located at any of our claims locations and current existing employees working remote may maintain remote status.
Behaviors at the Hartford+ Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers. + Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford. + Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others. + Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **Job: Life Examiners