The Hartford Lead Industrial Hygiene Consultant in HARTFORD, Connecticut
Title: Lead Industrial Hygiene Consultant
Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Number: 1700088
Overview: Contribute to corporate goals of growth and profitability by leading The Hartford Industrial Hygiene (IH) field consulting practice as well as providing IH consulting services. This is a leadership position that requires a high degree of technical expertise as well as the ability to think strategically, and execute on the delivery of effective and efficient IH services. This will include but not be limited to strategic planning, resource management, technical support and evaluation, and business development.
This position reports to the AVP Product and Field services; will be responsible for building field expertise and guiding field IH consultation methodology; in addition will be responsible of IH work management and delivery of IH consulting services. Estimated travel: 25-30%
Industrial Hygiene Leadership (40%)
• Develop and lead the strategic vision for Industrial Hygiene consulting practice.
• Develop and lead efficient and effective work practices for IH consulting and Peer Review. Including the IH business model.
• Responsible for technical quality of the discipline.
• Provide guidance and oversight, and collaborate with Risk Engineering team to ensure coordinated, effective IH services.
• Provide administrative oversight/guidance of IH work in work management system. Identify and lead process improvement as needed.
Industrial Hygiene Consulting (40%)
• Provide Industrial Hygiene consultation for large accounts where complexity and/or capacity requires a high degree of technical expertise.
• Provide peer review of field IH work
Staff Training (10%)
• Cultivate strong frontline/field IH consulting skills
• Develop and enhance field expertise and knowledge related to IH.
• Own Industrial Hygiene TRP (staff education) process, and continually look for opportunities to improve our educational materials and processes.
• Lead IH training process
Professional Development & Product and Strategy Support (10%)
• Maintain a high level of knowledge and understanding of current research and trends in IH through conference attendance, training, and written resources.
• Provide assistance to the AVP Product & FSS on special projects as assigned.
Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) from a four year college or university
10 years of IH consultation/leadership experience in the insurance industry.
Experience with IH leadership, highly preferred
CIH designation required.
Strong technical skill sets and understanding of:
• Industrial Hygiene best practices
• Strong understanding of Industrial Hygiene consulting methods/models
Strong business acumen, and ability to:
• Improve business processes
• Identify/Implement innovative solutions
• Thinks Strategically
• Building Effective Relationships
• Demonstrates Effective Communication and Leadership Skills
• Drives for Operational Excellence and Results
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Job: Risk Mgmt Profs