The Hartford Director & Actuary - Small Commercial Territory Actuary in HARTFORD, Connecticut
Title: Director & Actuary - Small Commercial Territory Actuary
Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Number: 1701054
**Please note this role can be filled at a lower Tier 6 level, Director & Assistant Actuary. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply.**
Overview of the Position
This position is a key role within the $3.5 Billion Small Commercial Actuarial Department. The individual will both manage a team of territory actuaries responsible for their own regions as well having responsibility for their own region, driving growth and profit initiatives for all lines of business. The position will partner with various business units and directly with the Product Management organization to design strategies and solve problems specific to their region. The individual should have management experience, strong technical skills, and must be able to influence business partners.
- Manage a team of Territory Actuaries
- Create and implement state action plans to hit growth and profitability objectives within each state
- Become the Advocate/Subject Matter Expertise in one LOB for Small Commercial.
- Support Small Commercial strategic initiatives and projects
- Develop new analytic tools and enhance current tools
- Share knowledge among the Territory Actuarial Team
- Provide input and recommendations for state rate reviews across all lines
- Analyze flow, mix, ROE, trends, and indications for Auto, BOP, and WC business
- Lead team on proactively finding and sharing important results before business issues occur
Experience & Skills
The candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- FCAS/career ACAS or at least 5 years of working experience in the property and casualty lines of business.
- Self-motivation, creativity, time-management, project-management, and customer-management skills will be beneficial in this role.
- Very strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey technical concepts to audiences of various levels and diverse technical backgrounds.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong Computer and Data Skills with the ability to adapt processes and build efficiencies.
- Innovative approach. Seeks new ways to approach analysis and projects and solve business problems.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
Job: P&C Student/Post Student